What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 14, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #88,397 of 135,982
The problem with getting a recording like this is that now I want the sheet music so I can try playing it myself. This particular sheet music publisher is notorious for very high prices. Ms. Schneemann's performance of this very demanding music is outstanding.

Bozza cover.jpg

I first heard BBB at a university modern dance concert three or four years ago. LOVE this album, as well as their Nu Med.

Folder.jpg

Jul 15, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #88,400 of 135,982
Guys this thread is very active and love it
If ok I have one suggestion can we post one simple line on commenting of the album.
Genre , why you like it , sound quality , something that makes it special to you.

One post per day is the only rule in this thread!

lyU7xzmqD_xi23DmthVRx10dpVzFkpcUY_QNmgTOvV3nSVAzxk3yMCPNNx62MC2P_wgwBpJe7A=s360-c-e100-rwu-v1

Jul 15, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #88,401 of 135,982
119235097.jpg

16/44 FLAC > KTE HOLO SPRING L3 > GOTL > ZMF ATTICUS

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #88,402 of 135,982

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #88,404 of 135,982
Bill Frisell-Folk.jpg

For pure technical electric guitar playing skill Bill Frisell is hard to beat. Tasteful and restrained, but always so melodic. Although we're talking covers here, they are covers with the trademark Bill Frisell style. My 'go to' Bill Frisell album, though I have most of his recordings and love them all for one reason or another.

Reverie_Joe Henry.png

Though the music is obviously different, I am a big Joe Henry fan for much the same reason that i like Bill Frisell. Though he is probably more well known as a producer, he has several albums that are always on heavy rotation with me. It is an easy argument as to which Joe Henry album is the best. "Tiny Voices," and "Scar" are awesomely good, but i seem to go to "Reverie" most frequently. Though I have pretty good audio eqiupment, I am not in the audiophile category of most visitors here at Head-Fi. However, to my ear, both of these albums are well recorded. In any case, they're both worth a good listen...

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #88,405 of 135,982
I've been a huge Steve Hackett fan since I first saw him perform with Genesis in '76, and then solo in '79. I've seen him perform nearly 50 times over the last 6 years (with 5 more shows scheduled for September!!!). This album is severely under-recognized (not friggin' underrated!!!!). Not only is he a prog genius, but his blues chops are pretty effin' amazing, both on guitar and harp. So I give you Blues With a Feeling. Try it, you'll like it!!!

blues with a feeling.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back