What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 21, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #55,741 of 136,279

I saw Dom Flemons live two weeks ago at a very small venue concert at Tellus 360° in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. (no cover charge or tickets...) He was truly great as always. I saw him with the Carolina Chocolate Drops several times. While I am so sorry to see that band split, it is always a pleasure to see a truly talented musician have such a good time doing what they do... (the opening act was "Grace and Tony." Tony White is the brother of the Civil Wars' John Paul White...they were really good!)

Oct 21, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #55,743 of 136,279

I saw Dom Flemons live two weeks ago at a very small venue concert at Tellus 360° in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. (no cover charge or tickets...) He was truly great as always. I saw him with the Carolina Chocolate Drops several times. While I am so sorry to see that band split, it is always a pleasure to see a truly talented musician have such a good time doing what they do... (the opening act was "Grace and Tony." Tony White is the brother of the Civil Wars' John Paul White...they were really good!)

Yes, I too was saddened by the split.  I loved their creative spontaneity.  Never got to see them in concert, but I remain a fan.  Thanks, going to check out Gracy & Tony.

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #55,744 of 136,279

Arvo Pärt - Alina

Keith Jarrett - Paris / London: Testament

Didn't finish this one last night so continuing from where I left off.

King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic

I've had this for a while; only now listening to it for the first time, though. Not the biggest King Crimson fan apart from their first album I guess.

While doing some reading on quartal and quintal harmony a few nights back I happened to read about how Robert Fripp dislikes minor and major thirds and therefore has ended up tuning his guitar so that there are perfects fifths between its successive open strings, and how he builds chords using fourths, fifths and octaves which are all highly consonant. That was certainly an interesting thing to learn, although I'm a growing fan of dissonance myself. Whenever I accidentally happen to play an octave it bugs me out big time.

Arthur Rubinstein - Chopin Concertos nos. 1 & 2

As much as I am generally a fan of Living Stereo and Rubinstein, this recording has never done very much for me.

光田康典 (Yasunori Mitsuda) - Chrono Trigger

One of the greatest and most iconic soundtracks of all time – to one of the greatest games of all time.

For those who didn't know, and don't want to import it, the soundtrack is actually available on the iTunes Store (it is the DS version, however): https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/chrono-trigger-original-soundtrack/id324080907

Listening to the soundtrack by itself is quite fascinating. You never notice how intricate "Secret of the Forest" for example is while just playing the game.

Oct 21, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #55,749 of 136,279

McCartney's best album

This is a great album ,but i also liked the WILDLIFE album i think my turntable's needle went thru that album                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #55,750 of 136,279
  This is a great album ,but i also liked the WILDLIFE album i think my turntable's needle went thru that album                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I'm going through another McCartney phase right now, and recently bought the CD's "Red Rose Speedway" (way better than I anticipated) and "Flaming Pie" (great album)

"Wild Life" was panned at the time, (but then again so was "Ram" now critics seem to like it), thanks for the advice now I have to have it. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #55,751 of 136,279

I'm going through another McCartney phase right now, and recently bought the CD's "Red Rose Speedway" (way better than I anticipated) and "Flaming Pie" (great album)

"Wildlife" was panned at the time, (but then again so was "Ram" now critics seem to like it), thanks for the advice now I have to have it. 

Wildlife was one of my favorite tunes on that album i still have it on vinyl but gave all my records to my son a few years ago along with my Thorens TD 160 ,Quad system and JBL L100 .Lucky kid !

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #55,752 of 136,279
  Wild Life was one of my favorite tunes on that album i still have it on vinyl but gave all my records to my son a few years ago along with my Thorens TD 160 ,Quad system and JBL L100 .Lucky kid !

My greatest regret in life, well sort of, was selling off about 150 vinyl albums several years ago.  

"Buckingham/Nicks" (what was I thinking), some are impossible to find or expensive to replace, never sell hardcopy music!

At least your son has them.

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #55,753 of 136,279
516itKL5IwL.jpg

Oct 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #55,754 of 136,279

My greatest regret in life, well sort of, was selling off about 150 vinyl albums several years ago.  

"Buckingham/Nicks" (what was I thinking), some are impossible to find or expensive to replace, never sell hardcopy music!

At least your son has them.

And he was worn to never sell them or abuse them took care of those records . theres one record i told him about that is a collectors item its open but still its the Stones SOME GIRLS album its the one with the faces on cover of different celebs i have a copy with all the faces on the cover they remove that album from the shelves when some artists threaten to sew them   now you see this one :                                                                                                                           

Oct 21, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #55,755 of 136,279
  And he was worn to never sell them or abuse them took care of those records . theres one record i told him about that is a collectors item its open but still its the Stones SOME GIRLS album its the one with the faces on cover of different celebs i have a copy with all the faces on the cover they remove that album from the shelves when some artists threaten to sew them   now you see this one :                                                                                                                           

That's rare and valuable dude 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back