What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #50,806 of 136,404
N'to - Scar Tissue 
It's a RHCP remix!

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #50,807 of 136,404

Have you ever clicked on the View all photos by DLeeWebb in this thread link? Pretty nice collection you got on display there.

Been listening a lot to the new one I mentioned upthread a ways by Black Dirt Oak, Wawayanda Patent. Really nice psychedelic folk stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/miemusic/sets/black-dirt-oak-wawayanda

And also what has been turning into my favorite from last year, and one that also features Steve Gunn, in this case the collaboration between him and Hiss Golden Messenger, Golden Gunn. Both had their own records last year, and both were very good, but this record store day release might be their high point.

https://soundcloud.com/shuffle-magazine/golden-gunn-the-sun-comes-up-a

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #50,810 of 136,404

Horseback-Half Blood (2012) & Russian Circles-Memorial (2013)

Art of the Trio Vol 2

Ufomammut (2012 Oro: Opus Alter) 2nd of two CDs

Listening to: Thelonius Himself (59), Thelonius Monk Orchestra at Town Hall (59), Thelonius in Action (58)

Listening to Study in Brown & Clifford Brown and Max Roach Quintet...I really enjoy the Clifford Brown and Max Roach collaborations.

Mar 15, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #50,814 of 136,404

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #50,815 of 136,404

Boring cover, great music
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #50,817 of 136,404
  I just started playing Portal 2 again since it came out and discovered this song on a radio in one of the little caves, I guess I didn't care to listen last time:

One could say I've been near-obsessed with Portal ever since the first game came out. I've been writing Portal fanfiction for two years now.

You know that the soundtrack is free, right? http://www.thinkwithportals.com/music.php

Iiro Rantala - My History of Jazz

Cæcilie Norby - Silent Ways

Late last night I was checking Iiro Rantala's concert calendar on his website and noticed he's going to be performing in my town a week from now on Saturday with Lars Danielsson, Cæcilie Norby and my town's All Star Big Band conducted by the acclaimed Jaakko Kuusisto, brother of the internationally known violinist Pekka Kuusisto who won the prestigious International Jean Sibelius Violin Competition in 1995 at the age of 18 and was awarded a special prize for the best performance of the concerto. From seeing a poster on a street yesterday I also knew that the Kuusisto brothers are going to be performing the Sibelius violin concerto on Thursday with Pekka on violin and Jaakko conducting. I decided to purchase tickets for both performances since there were still some seats available. I seldom go to concerts because music that I would be interested in hearing rarely is performed near me, so I'm very excited about next week. I have gone to maybe three concerts in my life.

I only purchased my first 
Cæcilie Norby CD one and a half weeks ago, so I never would have expected I'd be going to see her live this soon. Of course the main reason for me to go to the big band performance is Iiro Rantala, who is one of my favorite musicians of all time. The man's piano playing is sublime. The second reason is Lars Danielsson, with whom I've only become familiar with quite recently, but whose playing I've grown to like quite a bit. His chemistry with Iiro is really great. He plays double bass on both records above. The symphonic poem The Wood-Nymph will be performed as an overture for the violin concerto and the concert features a choreographed dance performance that interprets Sibelius's music. Also, if someone is wondering how much the tickets were, they were €24.50 per ticket per concerts. Dirt cheap.

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #50,820 of 136,404

Electric Light Orchestra - Discovery - 1979 Japanese Vinyl...I have had this for 35 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back