What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 5, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #101,402 of 135,944
ghostsv.jpg

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #101,404 of 135,944

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #101,405 of 135,944

When Dio joined Black Sabbath, the band went from a slow, sludgy doom vibe to a more musically complex, up-tempo, bass-finessed metal masterpiece. I like Ozzy Sabbath, but nothing touches Heaven & Hell or Mob Rules.

Feb 6, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #101,406 of 135,944
When Dio joined Black Sabbath, the band went from a slow, sludgy doom vibe to a more musically complex, up-tempo, bass-finessed metal masterpiece. I like Ozzy Sabbath, but nothing touches Heaven & Hell or Mob Rules.
Totally agree! Sabbath with Dio transformed the band...imho, for the better. Then again, I'm biased because I'm a huge RJD fan. I also regularly enjoy his solo works, plus his stuff with Rainbow. Still love Ozzy...but I've always been more impressed with Dio's vocal range as a whole, and as an artist. He might have been one of the shortest/ smaller guys in Metal; but his voice was absolutely huge.

Feb 6, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #101,414 of 135,944
Totally agree! Sabbath with Dio transformed the band...imho, for the better. Then again, I'm biased because I'm a huge RJD fan. I also regularly enjoy his solo works, plus his stuff with Rainbow. Still love Ozzy...but I've always been more impressed with Dio's vocal range as a whole, and as an artist. He might have been one of the shortest/ smaller guys in Metal; but his voice was absolutely huge.

Many years ago I was given a ticket to see Dio in London

I wasn't keen to go, as I never really liked Heavy Metal bands such as Purple/Rainbow/Sabbath.

Very glad I went though, as he was brilliant :beyersmile:

You're right @courierdriver- RJD had a huge voice!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back