What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#6]
Mar 14, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #3,796 of 18,476
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood_Mac_-_The_Dance.jpg

"Big Love"

Buckingham's a great guitarist.

Mar 14, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #3,800 of 18,476
Honestly, my only complaint with that song is the opening. The lyrics and strange sexuality are very intriguing, I agree.

I listened to The Downward Spiral this morning and it always amazes me how blown away I feel by that album. "Hurt" is just sooo good!

Right now I'm listening to Subtle - Red, White, & Blonde

BTW I only have Futureworld by Trans Am but I think they're excellent. I've only listened to the album a few times though, I need to put that into my rotation a little more often.

Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be steel drum. I like your taste in music btw. At least, what you mentioned.
biggrin.gif
However, I might lose your respect, but I like "Pass This On." For me, the Knife are best when a strange brother/sister sexuality is underneath their work. IMO of course.

--

Thanks for the response D. Interesting that you mention nin. "Pretty Hate Machine" started me down the road of bleeps and bloops. Back in the 1940's when I was in high school. That album introduced me to electronic music and got me started into the rave scene at the time. As you know, analog back or not, I love the bleeps and bloops!

That interesting, the comment about Bright Eyes. The only one I own is "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning". I know it's their acoustic album, but The Knife is that last thing that comes to mind after hearing that. But you make the electric stuff sound interesting.

--
413878603_6bdfae68c7_o.jpg

North East Rising Sun- Trans Am

Mar 14, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #3,807 of 18,476
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonePusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Cure - In Between Days

Love this one! But I've always wondered if they were deliberately trying to evoke New Order with the melancholy lyrics and, especially, the production. Don't mean that as a crticism -- Robert Smith is a true original. I just wondered if they meant it as perhaps a tribute?

Or maybe I'm the only one who hears the similarity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back