What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#6]
Mar 14, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #3,811 of 18,476
Quote:

Originally Posted by btb103 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW I only have Futureworld by Trans Am but I think they're excellent. I've only listened to the album a few times though, I need to put that into my rotation a little more often.

Nice, I rarely see Trans Am mentioned in this forum. If one is only going to own one Trans Am, that is the one. I'm a slobbering fan who owns their entire discography. Some albums can be hit or miss, but there's always a couple good moments on the so so ones. I would put "Sex Change" somewhere in the middle.

I hope you hang around more btb103. I went through a huge Knife faze this last spring and summer. BTW, a special edition of SS is coming to the states soon that feature a bonus disc with live performance and videos.

--

421385781_b29caf7f10_o.jpg

Blind Pilots - Cooper Temple Clause

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #3,824 of 18,476
398073723_15c761de11_m.jpg

Tract for Valerie Solanas - Matmos

Valerie Solanas was the angry person who shot Andy Warhol and wrote the semi- famous S.C.U.M. (Society for Cutting Up Men) manifesto. Matmos does a nice little ode to her here. Instruments used - Machete, Scissors, Knives, Paper, Rape Alarm, Cow Uterus; Reproductive Tract; Vagina, Vacuum Cleaner, Plastic Gloves with vocal excerpts from the S.C.U.M. manifesto (from liner notes).

Fascinating stuff I would describe as IDM lite. The album gets better every time I listen to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back