What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#5]
Oct 16, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #6,513 of 9,280
Cheap Trick - At Budakan, the Complete Concert.

It's been a LONG time since I've listened to Cheap Trick. Years and years. I saw them at the Rockford Speedway Jam in about 1979 or so. The headliners were REO Speedwagon, and then Cheap Trick, Head East, and Ian Hunter, among other acts.

This double CD kind of takes me back, but kind of not. I'm sitting in a/c and sipping on Diet Coke, not standing in the blazing hot sun (on the blacktop no less!) and drinking beer, lots of beer, and smelling to waft of herbs in the air (although I didn't partake myself).

Oct 16, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #6,514 of 9,280
Germany's answer to 'old' ELP...
wink.gif
... Truimvirat
- Illusions on a Double Dimple
- Mister Ten Percent

Love this stuff....

Oct 16, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #6,518 of 9,280
Oasis - Hello (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Oct 16, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #6,524 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN
Depeche Mode - It's No Good

Nice, my favorite song off Ultra and really just a good DM song in general - mid tempo with that sexy grind kind of feel.

Condemnation (SACD(5.1)) - Depeche Mode

Second time through the new SACD with Songs of Faith... - Ultra's older sister. ...Prior to this, I hadn't heard the album in a couple of years. And it still remains my least favorite DM. There are moments, but "I Feel You" feels forced, (thought "Barrel of a Gun" was a better sequel). The better stuff for me comes in the later half when the urgency is turned up and preaching dropped in "Get Right With Me" and"Rush."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back