What are you listening to _right now_?
Apr 27, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #1,171 of 2,024
Beck: Sea Change

its super uber
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #1,175 of 2,024
Ana Caram's "The Other Side of Jobim". I can't recommend this enough. Have been browsing Headfi aimlessly just listening to it, this music and her voice have me truly transported somewhere else.

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #1,176 of 2,024
Begona Olavide "Salterio" albulm from 1994. She's Spanish, I believe, and the albulm is entirely instrumental, mostly finely plucked strings and percussion. The primary instrument used by Begona is the salterios, but there are all sorts of other interesting instruments, including: psalterion, vihuela, thiorba, etc. I can't say that I know what any of that means, but this is great stuff. It has sort of a Mediterranean feel. It may not suit eveyone's taste, but I like it.

Apr 28, 2004 at 9:30 AM Post #1,177 of 2,024
Carey Bell - I'm Ready

Part of a Delta Music/LaserLight blues compilation CD that I picked up from a bargain bin about ten years ago. I only paid $1.99 CDN for it, but I've gotten many times that amount back from it, in terms of listening pleasure.

D.

Apr 28, 2004 at 9:38 AM Post #1,178 of 2,024
Norah Jones feels like home

More mature than her first, but I still like the first better for some reason. Maybe it's becase I got it first?
confused.gif

Apr 29, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #1,183 of 2,024
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Steely Dan - Everything Must Go.
It was waiting for me when I got home today.

Next up will be The Best of Santana.

Hey Pauly. What a coincidence. I have the best of Santana, along with "Santana Brothers" and "Malo Greatest Hits" in my bag rigth now. You really have to try "Santana Brothers", is a recording made by Carlos and Jorge Santana, along with their nephew José. It's really rock oriented and way better than "Supernatural" for example. Also, if you like Latin rock, chek out ther Mexican band Maná. They have a great album entitled "Sueños Líquidos". Take care and enjoy your music.

Apr 29, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #1,184 of 2,024
Quote:

Originally Posted by whistler
William Kapell playing the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No.2

I was just listening to him (well, yesterday) doing a Brahms viola sonata with Primrose!

Apr 30, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #1,185 of 2,024
Absurd Minds "Master Builder (Club Mix by Plastic)" off of the Master Builder EP.

Enjoying it on my HD600s connected to my PPX3 amp and Terratec sound card
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back