What are you giving-out for trick-or-treat tonight?
Oct 31, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reminds me, this morning the whole campus was emailed a report where just down the street last night, some woman woke up to a guy standing over her in her bed...uh, yeah, then she screamed, and he fled.

Gonna be a fun night already, I can tell.

I think the question we should all be asking is, "where was Kirosia last night?"

biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #17 of 37
For tricks, I give rides on my lawn mower. I'm not kidding, it has become a bit of a tradition with the kids in the neighborhood.

For treats, I'm giving bulla and cheese this year. It's a Caribbean thing. See bulla here: TimeToEatMon: Bulla Cake

It's costing me about $3 per kid this year. I normally get 8-12 kids with their parents, all of them are people who live on my street. This will be the 4th year of the lawn mower rides. Of course the blades are not engaged. When the kids from each family come, I just fire it up and give them rides around the yard with the headlight on. Everyone loves it! It started one year when I just happened to be cutting the grass, so I offered it as a "trick" and surprisingly, the parents agreed.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"where was Kirosia last night?"

Not locking Redshifter's cage it seems.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For tricks, I give rides on my lawn mower. I'm not kidding, it has become a bit of a tradition with the kids in the neighborhood.

For treats, I'm giving bulla and cheese this year. It's a Caribbean thing. See bulla here: TimeToEatMon: Bulla Cake

It's costing me about $3 per kid this year. I normally get 8-12 kids with their parents, all of them are people who live on my street. This will be the 4th year of the lawn mower rides. Of course the blades are not engaged. When the kids from each family come, I just fire it up and give them rides around the yard with the headlight on. Everyone loves it! It started one year when I just happened to be cutting the grass, so I offered it as a "trick" and surprisingly, the parents agreed.

Ahaha, that's so cool and sweet! How many acres is the riding area?

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No rides on the Atom?
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #22 of 37
This year, little bags full of M & M's and malted milk balls and raisins (some sort of Hallowe'en snack sold by the PTO--Parent Teacher Organization). Many years ago, I was dishing out the Hallowe'en candy and I ran out. So I began to I give away potatoes and onions. There is no finer sight than the look of sheer delight when a little monster gets an onion for Hallowe'en. It simply warms the cockles of my heart. One year we had a lot of snails in our aquarium and I was considereding handing out to each child a little container with a snail in it. But then I remembered the sign on our street that said "Slow Children." Figuring that the little blighters would eat the snail's (of course, I could've dipped them in chocolate), I decided that I should just hand out little bags full of M & M's and malted milk balls and raisins packaged by the PTO.

Oh well, Happy Hallowe'en.

Nov 1, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #23 of 37
so much for the two bucket of candy mum bought, forgot it was haloween and spent the evening blasting music betwen my ears.i guess if anyone rang the doorbell, i didnt hear them. Pity i dont like the ones she bought.

Nov 1, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kids tend to crap on themselves when in that monster. I don't think that's a good idea
wink.gif

So do many full-grown adults, so yeah, best to keep the kids away from it. They'll be safer in Kirosia's Hello Kitty dungeon.

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #25 of 37
First trick or treater came to the door. A young fella dressed as a pirate. Giving out Hershey's Nuggets tonight, chocolate with almonds. Well at least the almonds are nutritious. If I run out of candy I'll come to the door with a jelly bean hanging out of each nostril and the offer for jelly beans. :wink:

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #27 of 37
nothing that exciting, little bags of chips. In the usual holiday spirit of my family my mom, dad, and brother ate all the candy before halloween.

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #28 of 37
Lots of different reactions--all too cute.

Me: "Anyone want broccoli?"
Group of kids: "NOOOOOO!!!"

A couple kids actually took some. I gave them double dibs on candy.

One kid said, "Happy Broccoleen!" I used that for the rest of the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back