What are you favorite video game of all time?
May 16, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #137 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
shining force I and II
landstalker
gunstar heroes

Consider us friends
biggrin.gif

Landstalker is flat out one of the most enjoyable action/adventure games i ever played...ever.

I also dug Gunstar Heroes a lot, i remember playing it for weeks, perfecting every jump and attack to the point (and memorizing every bosses attacks) where i would zip right through the game without losing one life.

I also played Shining in the Darkness, did you? It was pretty solid, from what i recall.

I also remember one more arcade game i love a lot: Sega/Westone's WonderBoy in Monsterland.

May 16, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #138 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexhifi
You know what I used to do though? I had one of those turbo joysticks and I was able to make the botton stick, so what I did was place the dude in the corner in a kneeling position (tape the joystick) and then stick the turbo botton down. Since the enemies would keep coming, I'd have a fully powered up dude in the morning that I could easily beat the game with. Heh...

Hells yeah! What I did was get to a place with one of those tall robot looking things and wail on them for the experience for about an hour, and then I went to this place that was full of minibosses for this snail looking thing that kept respawning, and it gave awesome experience in a short time for a maxed out character.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Strider was pretty solid on the arcade, but i always recall enjoy the nes version more.

I liked Strider on the NES as well, but it was soooo buggy.

Anyone here showing love for Blaster Master or Ogre Battle?
OMG, I love those games!
biggrin.gif
Abe

May 16, 2005 at 1:42 PM Post #139 of 158
Blaster Master was the one with the car that could jump right? That game was pretty fun.

May 16, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #140 of 158
...just to mention a few more: Gothic (especially the first one), GuildWars, Nethack, Wizard of Wor, X-Wing, Castles of Dr. Creep, (B.C's) Quest for Tires, Paradroid, Blue Max, Silent Service (especially II), Red Baron & Aces of the Pacific, Lemmings...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: S.P.: Gothic has a nice storyline, btw.

May 17, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #141 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
anyone tried this one..

what about this one?

MJG, you better edit your post before Jude has a fit.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Someone mentioned Bard's Tale.
Wow, I remember playing that on my Commodore 64.
smily_headphones1.gif

Favorite PC game hands down is Doom 2.
Customizing weapons with dehacked was a blast!
Favorite console game was Super Mario Bros.
I can still play that all the way through.
Favorite arcade was Packman.
I even had patterns that chased the ghosts around.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #142 of 158
oh man holy crap
thanks for reminding me i edited that out...

wow those admins are harsh, What... totally unprofessional and stupid way to deal with discouraging usage of images, really apologize about that guys.

May 17, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #143 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
Blaster Master was the one with the car that could jump right? That game was pretty fun.

Damn right, it was fun. Not only could the car jump, but it could get blaster upgrades, it could use special weapons, hover in midar for a few moments, submerge underwater and travel at high speed, and crawl up walls and ceilings by the time you reach the endgame levels-too bad worrying about how your vehicle(Sophia) reacts to surfaces gets really annoying with that much versatility. Oh, and you could go into overhead view too, and it was awesome as well. Even the Playstation Blaster Master: Blasting Again title was a great game from a gameplay standpoint, IMO.

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 17, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #144 of 158
Some of my favorites:

Turn based:
Civilization 2 (Better than 1.)
Master of Orion 2 (Ohhhh yeaaahh...)
X-Com (Sooo addicting.)

RPGs:
Baldur's Gate II (I've not played Planescape Torment =(.)
Chrono Trigger (Simply awesome.)
Fallout 2 (Very good turn based RPG.)
Final Fantasy IV (Not the greatest storyline, but for some reason I can play this game over and over again--huge replay value.)
Final Fantasy VI (Obvious inclusion as the best Final Fantasy ever.)
Final Fantasy VII (Broke away from the previous games' styles successfully. The best of the non-classic Final Fantasies.)
Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu III lacks the same charm. Get 3 players going on this game.)

Party:
Super Bomberman (4 player SNES action!)
Smash Brother (Much more intense than Melee.)

Adventure/Action:
Super Metroid (Metroid II for Gameboy was excellent as well.)
The Legend of Zelda (Hehe, I still remember almost every bush that you can burn down.)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Of course!)

Arcade:
DDR
Guantlet

Ancient:
Castle of the Winds (Though way too easy to cheat on... and short.)
Commander Keen (w00t.)
Duke Nukem (Yes, the original sidescrolling ones.)
Oregon Trail (Voldemort has died of infection.)
That one frog game where you munch words and there are cutscenes and stuff
biggrin.gif

Tetris (Obvious.)

Other random stuff that is really good, but not as good as the above:
Alpha Centauri (Like Civ 2 but different.)
Deus Ex (Neat, but I got bored after a bit.)
Knights of the Old Republic
Mario (Sorry, it just gets too old too quickly. Even Super Mario Brothers.)
Mario RPG (For the sheer novelty of it.)
Pipedreams (For when you get bored of playing Tetris on your NES.)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Fun... but like no replay value at all.)

Hrm, wow, that list was kinda long, and probably missed a lot of excellent games that I can't think of right now...
redface.gif

May 17, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #145 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Consider us friends
biggrin.gif

Landstalker is flat out one of the most enjoyable action/adventure games i ever played...ever.

I also dug Gunstar Heroes a lot, i remember playing it for weeks, perfecting every jump and attack to the point (and memorizing every bosses attacks) where i would zip right through the game without losing one life.

I also played Shining in the Darkness, did you? It was pretty solid, from what i recall.

I also remember one more arcade game i love a lot: Sega/Westone's WonderBoy in Monsterland.

I'm surprised someone to meet someone who has acutally heard of Landstalker
wink.gif
Yeah it was incredibly fun, and pretty damn hard too. Getting some of the timing and jumps down were really tricky. I remember first time entering the town of Mercator and being awed at its size (not to mention all the things you could do, remember the crypt riddles?) since the game before that consisted of tiny hut villages
biggrin.gif

Gunstar Heroes was just a blast to play, and pretty original to boot. It's more of a "cult," hit, at least in comparison to something like Contra III.

I've never played the Shining in Darkness, I actually got my start into RPG type games with Shining Force when I picked it up randomly at Blockbuster one friday night.

Ahh the Genesis classics...

May 18, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #146 of 158
Can I get a WOOT for Double Dragon arcade and home version? Anyone remember ABOBO?

May 18, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #148 of 158
going chronologically:

Wheel of Fortune (pc) - ran on an old, old, old, yellow text pc that my dad bought
Wolfenstein (original, pc) - eating dogfood for hp and killing keyboard only, oh yea!
Super Mario World (snes) - *cough* game genie pwnage
evil_smiley.gif
*cough*
Civilization I (pc) - building United Nations = you must make peace with me 100%
very_evil_smiley.gif
, then I surround you with tanks and nuke you afterwards
The Lost Vikings (pc) - puzzle solving + action
Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run (snes) - great graphics for a snes game
Super Smash Brothers (n64) - still one of the best multiplayer/party games
Counterstrike (pc) 1.0+ - disappointed with 1.3+ however. CS:S is ok, but took getting used to.
Call of Duty (pc) - totally immersing ww2 combat
DiamondMine / Bejeweled 2 / Yahoo Pool, Yahoo Graffiti - simple can be fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back