What are you favorite video game of all time?
May 12, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #106 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by king896
A couple of weeks ago I started playing Baldur’s Gate 2 on my computer again. I realized that after spending about 3 summers playing this game in the past that it had to be my favorite game of all time. I remember when it came out, I played the game day and night for about a month until I finally beat it. After a while bioware came out with the expansion for it and I just had to play the game again, but this time I had to start from the first game with a new character and continue on all the way to the end of Throne of Bhaal thus going from a measly 1st level mage to a umber godlike 37th level demigod (if you played the game you know what I am talking about). It was a truly fun and rewording experience that I have not found in any game since. The closet games that come to memory that had this effect on me were Final Fantasy 7 and High Heat Baseball 2000 (I love baseball games, especially when you put together a really nice dynasty from scratch). What are your favorite games of all time?

The BG Series are the best games ever made. I play them all annually aswell. There is NO game that comes close to the utter feel, subplots, character interaction and combat system. Storyline is argueably the best ever also, but I think Planescape Torment holds that title, but BG2 has the best flexible one.

Kudos to Bioware and Black Isle. I shall never forget either of you.

May 12, 2005 at 7:47 AM Post #107 of 158
Ooops!
blink.gif
Sorry it's been a long time. But stealing your buddies last continue was always fun.

May 12, 2005 at 9:18 AM Post #109 of 158
If I'm looking for a game with an excellent storyline (à la Final Fantasy 7, Knigths of the Republic 1, ...), what should I get?

May 12, 2005 at 9:34 AM Post #110 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
If I'm looking for a game with an excellent storyline (à la Final Fantasy 7, Knigths of the Republic 1, ...), what should I get?

If you've got Playstation 1 or 2, I'd suggest without any hesitation Final Fantasy Tactics, FF6, Xenogears, or Vagrant Story. These games have storylines that are some of the best that have ever been in any game, IMHO.
biggrin.gif
Abe

May 12, 2005 at 9:47 AM Post #111 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
If you've got Playstation 1 or 2, I'd suggest without any hesitation Final Fantasy Tactics, FF6, Xenogears, or Vagrant Story. These games have storylines that are some of the best that have ever been in any game, IMHO.
biggrin.gif
Abe

No playstation, just a computer but thanks for the suggestions.

May 12, 2005 at 10:11 AM Post #112 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
No playstation, just a computer but thanks for the suggestions.

You can always find a Playstation emulator, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what's decent, 'cause my computer is too much of a POS to run any of them(which really sucks, because I have Tobal 2-one of, if not the best 3d fighters ever- translated into english and it only plays on emulators!)

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 12, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #113 of 158
OMG hehe for great story lines there are no better then Bioware games such as Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2. While the game might be dated in some aspects the story is so good and epic that you just have to keep on playing till its 5 in the morning. It’s from the same creators of Knights of the Republic so if you liked that then you will really love Baldur’s Gate. Also try Planscape Torment which has an extremely good story and uses the same interface as Baldur’s Gate. Be warned though that if you like a good story avoid Neverwinter night because I found that the main story was terribly boring (but the games saving grace is fan made modules).

May 12, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #114 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
stunning 3d pixels (for the period) and ability to blow up trees (
biggrin.gif
), similar to StarFox, right? awesome. classic.

Accually... i was refering to the macintosh classic made by the coolest software company on the planet, Ambrosia. Can you say epic interstellar rpg?

May 12, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #116 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by king896
Be warned though that if you like a good story avoid Neverwinter night because I found that the main story was terribly boring (but the games saving grace is fan made modules).

Totally Agree

I got that game the Day after It came out in Australia, played it for 2 days solid and clocked it (did nearly everything too) and After the 3 year hype and all it was like .. THAT WAS SOO DISAPPOINTING

My Summary of NWN is .

Find Four Items
Rescue the Cat
Slay the Dragon
and your done.

Its the same with the expansions too, they are total rubbish.

May 12, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #117 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajt976
Word!
biggrin.gif
So what was everyones gun of choice in Contra anyways?

The laser. Only wusses used the spread gun! If you mastered the laser, you were rewarded with being able to woop ass in record time. It was harder than every other gun due to it's movement speed and range, but it dished out the damage like nobodies business. You also had to be better at dodging incoming fire, but the laser hands down was the best!

Also in Contra Shattered Soldier for the PS2, the Flame Charge Shot is also the best. Hardest to use, but the best to woop tail with.

It's all about being hardcore.

May 12, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #118 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWIFOSP
The laser. Only wusses used the spread gun! If you mastered the laser, you were rewarded with being able to woop ass in record time. It was harder than every other gun due to it's movement speed and range, but it dished out the damage like nobodies business. You also had to be better at dodging incoming fire, but the laser hands down was the best!

Also in Contra Shattered Soldier for the PS2, the Flame Charge Shot is also the best. Hardest to use, but the best to woop tail with.

It's all about being hardcore.

so, your calling me a wuss? IS THAT IT???

heh

May 12, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #120 of 158
DOS Power to the MAX! Jill of the Jungle, Quik the Thunder Rabbit, Jazz Jackrabbit, Commander Keen... (Yes...I'm 14)

After those, Quake III Arena (<--I think the community is like...dead...but people still play it.).

And this Need for Speed I - Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed (after that...the series just is blah IMO)

Chrono Trigger, FF1,2,3 , Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Ogre Battle, Super Mario (all of them), too many to list!!!

If I HAD to pick one...it would be Chrono Trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back