What are you eating now?
Jun 13, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #977 of 1,286
Dude...the only place that ever served unlimited beef ribs to me was a Brazilian place that closed several years afterward. Yeah...beef ribs are so good, that it will either kill you and/or your business. :)
Brazilians sure know how to eat meat. I also like Columbian meat dishes as well. I guess South Americans know how to eat meat.

Jun 14, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #978 of 1,286
When I went to a BBQ place with beef ribs and saw the price, I was wondering why the beef rib was so expensive until I saw the freakin size! I wouldn't be able to finish a beef rib by myself. It's stupidly huge.

I agree. It was expensive and after I finished it I was pretty full. I could not finish my side dishes due to a lot meat on that beef rib. Worth the price IMO if it’s properly prepared and good quality beef.

Jun 14, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #980 of 1,286
Two burgers, beef liver, 3 eggs, plantains, two pork rind pancakes with peanut butter & sugar rree Polaner Blackberry jam - breaking a 32 hour fast.
I am curious to know why you are doing such an extreme diet? To lose weight or for other health benefits?

Surely pork rind is very unhealthy and fattening?

Jun 14, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #982 of 1,286
Have you heard of Keto.? Keto involves consumption of lost of meat and fat. The issue is that, carbs mixed with this diet can really mess it up and have an opposite effect. It's really difficult to not have carbs. It actually sounds like he's doing Keto and intermittent fasting.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #983 of 1,286
Have you heard of Keto.? Keto involves consumption of lost of meat and fat. The issue is that, carbs mixed with this diet can really mess it up and have an opposite effect. It's really difficult to not have carbs. It actually sounds like he's doing Keto and intermittent fasting.
Indeed! I and Her Lightness detest even the smallest amount of fat in meat, etc. We will go to great lengths to remove fat. There are no benefits to meat fat.

Of course, we need some good fats daily, like olive oil, avocado, coconut butter and nuts, etc.

We eat fresh salmon every day (from frozen in freezer) but we probably eat too much of it. Always grilled gently not to lose those good oils. We make a sauce for the salmon typically with ginger juice, light soya sauce, some maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Have been doing it that way for many years and never get tired of it. We have it with wholemeal pasta, tomato and pulped roased red or yellow peppers.

There is new evidence that fasting for 14 hours each day is beneficial to body repair and maintenance. We have done this for the last month or so and we seem to sleep better and feel better during the day.

We try to have a healthy diet most of the time and feel the better for it. We only eat wholemeal bread and pasta. I try to avoid milk products and use coconut butter as a spread on toast.

Sometimes, when we feel hungry, it is good to try drinking some water, as our body can get the signals wrong and we are just a little dehydrated.

However, I am no angel and I have the odd splurge when I eat all the wrong things!

I don't agree with extreme diets and much prefer a longer term approach to dealing with any excess weight and a healty waistline.

BTW, diabetes is our enemy, always lurking over our shoulders waiting to pounce! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #984 of 1,286
I am curious to know why you are doing such an extreme diet? To lose weight or for other health benefits?

Sugar is one of the main reasons people get so big today. There was a drive to reduce fat intact and use sugar instead so they could put less calories on packets, which wasn't a good idea as the body utilizes fat better than sugar. A large glass of juice can contain as much sugar as a large chocolate bar, and what ever source it's from sugar is essentially sugar.

Jun 15, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #985 of 1,286
Montreal style bagels today for an early lunch.

What makes Montreal bagels different from the standard New York bagels? Montreal bagels are a touch slightly sweeter and baked in a wood fire oven giving them a better exterior texture.

Many bagel aficionados prefer the Montreal version and I have to agree. That said, New York bagels are still awesome anyway.

You can find Montreal style bagels in the USA but you may have to go out your way since they are not common.

Plain Montreal bagel with cream cheese:

B4D454A2-1957-4650-ACE0-4C5D8817BC1B.jpeg

My other Montreal bagel had poppy seeds.

ECA70951-8E8D-4ECC-AFB9-7D44BECA5723.jpeg

Jun 16, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #986 of 1,286
By accident I discovered a bagel like item called Bialy.

What is a Bialy?

I don’t know but I do know that they are like a cousin of the bagel. The cooking process is different and the texture seems lighter and seems more bread like in comparison to a bagel. The center is topped with cooked onions. Bialys are excellent!

They are hard to find but this “cousin” of the bagel is fantastic. In some ways I like it better than bagels. Although I still love bagels.

3EE87F9F-CAF5-4FA7-8F3E-238A4FA2BC6A.jpeg

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #987 of 1,286

This is true. It takes a lot of discipline and not a lot of fun. I like meat a lot, but It'd be boring not to have chips, potatoes or rice with it. Vegetables, I could live without.

Jun 17, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #988 of 1,286
Poutine lunch at a bar.

What is poutine? It’s a Canadian food dish which consists of French fries, cheese curds and gravy.

Ideally I think the best time to eat this is on a cold winter day/ night since it’s hearty and rich. Although it’s warm weather now I still eat it and enjoy it.

Also, you can find poutine in the USA if you search around.

Poutine.

D9A7311A-88D4-45B4-B74E-A690A23B706F.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back