What are the TOTL closed backs?
Apr 19, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 36
Other than these, are there any others to consider? Thanks
Focal Stellia
ZMF Verite Closed
Sony MDR-Z1R
Sennheiser HD820
Kennerton recently had released the Rognir, that now is their flagship set of closed-back headphones.

Additionally, people previously had considered Kennerton's Gjallarhorn headphones, that previously had been Kennerton's top set of closed-back headphones, to possess a TotL sound performance, although those Gjallarhorns are less expensive than those sets of headphones that you had listed.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 36
Hifiman He-R10p
Kennerton Rögnir

Apr 19, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 36
Kennerton recently had released the Rognir, that now is their flagship set of closed-back headphones.

Additionally, people previously had considered Kennerton's Gjallarhorn headphones, that previously had been Kennerton's top set of closed-back headphones, to possess a TotL sound performance, although those Gjallarhorns are less expensive than those sets of headphones that you had listed.
I've never heard of Kennerton... time to do some research. Thanks!

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #7 of 36
I've never heard of Kennerton... time to do some research. Thanks!
You are welcome.

In the case that you have not already discovered that, I would like to inform you of the fact that there is a thread, within this forum, regarding Kennerton's headphones. Here is a link for that thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ken...ridi-wodan-thekk-and-thror-discussion.732814/.

Somebody within that thread recently had mentioned Dan Clark Audio's Ether C Flow headphones. Those would be another set of closed-back headphones that possibly would be considered TotL.

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #8 of 36
You are welcome.

In the case that you have not already discovered that, I would like to inform you of the fact that there is a thread, within this forum, regarding Kennerton's headphones. Here is a link for that thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kennerton-odin-magister-vali-magni-gjallarhorn-rögnir-thridi-wodan-thekk-and-thror-discussion.732814/.

Somebody within that thread recently had mentioned Dan Clark Audio's Ether C Flow headphones. Those would be another set of closed-back headphones that possibly would be considered TotL.
have you personally tried kennerton?

Apr 20, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #9 of 36
JVC HP-DX1000 (out of production, but usually available used).

JVC HP-DX2000 (reissue of the DX1000, now with black cups. Much easier to find LNIB).

JVC Victor WM90, ~$3500 (released about 2 years ago, but very limited quantities and Japan only. You can find it online anywhere between paying a premium to getting a 1/2 price deal LNIB used).

Denon AH-D7200 (came out a little before the D9200 and has a similar signature if you're on a budget).

Personally, I'm scoping out a pair of the WM90s and waiting to pull the trigger.

Apr 25, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #11 of 36
Kennerton is my favorite brand. I recently sold the Gjallarhorn JM and ordered the new Rognir. I have a hunch it will be the best off all the closed backs mentioned here. I own the Thekk which is my favorite headphone I have ever owned. I currently own the ZMF Verite Open and Hifiman HE1000SE. I have owned in the past Audeze LCD4, Focal Utopia, Focal Stellia, Rosson Rad-0. I have also owned the Kennerton Odin Mk2, Thridi and Wodan. I only like to have one closed back and 2 open backs (Although I currently have 3 open backs). I doubt my Thekk ever is sold and I can not wait to receive my Rognir. It will be shipped next week. Kennerton also has the best customer service that I have ever seen in head-fi. Look at their forum page and you will see that many many people own quite a few Kennerton’s and are customers for life....like me.

Apr 25, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #12 of 36
If you wait till end of this year abyss are releasing their closed backs :deadhorse:

Apr 25, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #13 of 36
Kennerton is my favorite brand. I recently sold the Gjallarhorn JM and ordered the new Rognir. I have a hunch it will be the best off all the closed backs mentioned here. I own the Thekk which is my favorite headphone I have ever owned. I currently own the ZMF Verite Open and Hifiman HE1000SE. I have owned in the past Audeze LCD4, Focal Utopia, Focal Stellia, Rosson Rad-0. I have also owned the Kennerton Odin Mk2, Thridi and Wodan. I only like to have one closed back and 2 open backs (Although I currently have 3 open backs). I doubt my Thekk ever is sold and I can not wait to receive my Rognir. It will be shipped next week. Kennerton also has the best customer service that I have ever seen in head-fi. Look at their forum page and you will see that many many people own quite a few Kennerton’s and are customers for life....like me.
wondering if you've had a chance to compare against the zmf vc?

Apr 25, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #15 of 36
Could you compare the Thekk directly to the LCD4, or did you not own them at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back