WHAT ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HEADPHONES EVER MADE?
Nov 18, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #32 of 132
I vote for Sennheiser HD 650, because they capture best what beautiful means to me: "high-tech", "cool", "manly", "sleek", "elegant", "efficient" and "powerful".
I made a 1680x1050 wallpaper of the HD 650 -->here<--, so those who like the looks of the 'phones, enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #33 of 132
I voted for the W11JPN but think the most beautiful would be a full collection of all of the AT woodies. That would make such a great rack of headphones!

Qualia 010 was a close second. I love them in blue in particular. Gotta love it! Carbon fiber headband!

The L3000 and/or L3000G deserves an honorable mention and should have been included in the poll. They're seriously classy looking, down to every last detail.

Likewise, I think the HE90 deserves to be in the poll every bit as much (or more so) than the very popular (looks-wise) Omega II. I give the HE90 props for the wood trim and overall excellent construction.

The R10s are another favorite of mine. I'm not so crazy about the way they look on the head, but they're a marvel to hold (and fondle). The exquisite leather case and all of the associated trimmings add further to its allure.

I completely disagree about the Edition 7's. Having owned a pair, I can say that the wooden case they came in was absolutely top class, but the quality of the headphones themselves left a lot to be desired. The "mirror" finish that you see in the glossy pics is not a real mirror finish at all, and I think would tarnish with age. The white 853' long extension cord of cable that was fitted on them as an afterthought was just awful. The nice thing about it, however, was that it provided a nice ship to shore relay when I took them on a cruise with me. Essentially, the Edition 7 were no nicer in terms of fit and finish than the Edition 9. Not bad at all, but not top drawer. Essentially, just painted plastic parts. Only the wooden case reeked of quality.

Finally, I've always loved the looks of the EW9: read that with no S. The AT woody clip-ons. They're just so cool to look at. They're not full size headphones (so they don't belong in the list of poll options) but IMO they are WAY better looking than the ESW9 or the ESW10JPN, although the latter too are by far more functional and better sounding. I can never get the EW9 to sit correctly on my ears, and thus can't find the bass!

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #34 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No L3000G
No L3000
No W5000

And yet the K701/K702 are there, as is the Edition 7?

I'm sorry but thats just laughable. Theres no way that the K701/702 looks good by any stretch of the imagination, nevermind against this sort of competition, on or off someones head.

And the Mk1BL is the best looking of the four SR-007 varients.

I do hope you saw the above headphones in my initial post. As for the poll, unfortunately I only had 10 choices and they were difficult to make. We all see beauty differently and so my choices are the best I can do at the moment, even if flawed. Please be patient, there will be a Part ll to this list and these other headphones will be on it. I will make a link to both posts in the initial thread.

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #36 of 132
This is THE beauty:

hd540_1.jpg

hd540_2.jpg

hd540_3.jpg

hd540_4.jpg

Sorry for flooding the page but i had to make my point loud and clear
biggrin.gif

now pls guys tell me how u find it

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #37 of 132
W5000 for me; Grado GS1000 also

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #40 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how in the hell do people think that k1000 is beautiful??? is dorkiness considered good looking here?

Hey! I voted for the K-1000. It's a clean industrial design where form follows function without the unnecessary stuff. That would be in contrast to something like the K-701.

Quote:

Originally Posted by footplate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
against the background of what else was around at the time....

Sennheiser HD414

Simple and elegant design.

Agreed. And they sound pretty good, too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #42 of 132
I like my various deep-cup Darth Beyers, and my V4 Terminator, too.

They are built solidly, sound great, and pretty to handle and see.
darthsmile.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #44 of 132
Larry at Headphile makes the most beautiful headphones ever made.

And if you disagree, well, then you probably never saw my HP3000's... (woody CD3000 with HP1000 drivers
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #45 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how in the hell do people think that k1000 is beautiful??? is dorkiness considered good looking here?

Looks are in the eye of the beholder.
Some prefer the mother, while others prefer the daughter.

Aka, we all have different taste. I think the K1000 looks very nice. Clean functional design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back