What are the most BA looking headphones and speakers
Oct 7, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaobao0707 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I consider this cd transport to be the most BA in its domain
http://www.metronome-technologie.com...84_2.jpg?r=809

So... someone took an absurdly-expensive (but admittedly badass-looking) high-end turntable (see the tonearm mount on the right?), removed the platter, tonearm and motor and stuck a CD transport where the disc used to go... hmmm.

I'm just sayin'
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #33 of 48
Generally the ones with wood used in them, like Audio-Technica or JVC. Not Grado though... The Audio-Technicas few posts above are beautiful too, mirror-polished awesomeness.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWysokinski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the MBL 101 X-treme loudspeakers (MBL - Unique High End Audio) - no direct URL 'cos their website uses flash heavily.

LOL--paaj beat me to it. Not only are they quite the objet d'arte in a BA sort-of-way, they got the nod from TAS as Product of the Year.

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarkmc2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is one moment in the never ending evolution of Jean-Yves Kerbrat's stereo rig. Those are ALE Bass Horns in the back fed by 100kg ALE compression drivers. I will post a link to a treasure trove of images if I can find it. Here is a Stereo Times brief look. StereoTimes - Commentary
and a short page of a visit to his power room. Audio Nirvana. Página de Audio de Ernest Ruiz

The dude seriously needs to get into headphones!

I post here the photo of him holding a T1610 KR triode, which he unfortunately used in Cary amps instead of KR units.

Finding out about this system ranks as one of my high-points on head-fi so far...so amazing what virtually unlimited resources can do for you
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd love to hear the result in person!

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #39 of 48
Oct 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a horn guy, but these look awesome! Whoever owns these is a player - not a spectator.

IMAGE012.jpg

Even if I could afford these my wife would never let them in the house.

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #42 of 48
Definitely the Qualias.

Audio Technica has some pretty sweet lookin' headphones too, and in particular I like the looks of their clip-on models, the EM7 and EW9. Of those two, I think the cheaper ones, the EM7, actually have the most sophisticated yet blingy look about them. Of course, I'm not a huge fan of wood in electronics, whereas I am a big fan of brushed metal in electronics.

P.S. Seriously? No mention of the wackiest looking headphones of the year: the Senn HD 800?

Nov 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #43 of 48
Nov 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

495469557_457bfb2f3f.jpg

Why do I see 2 frogs in those horns?
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back