What are the most BA looking headphones and speakers
Oct 3, 2009 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

whiteleaf

100+ Head-Fier
Well I went through the "Are aesthetics important" thread, and thought it was interesting.

Me personally, do put looks fairly high...but that's cause I love a beautiful design in anything. Sound does come first though.

ANYWAYS back to this

Forget performance, forget quality, forget it all expect the looks. What are the coolest, most BA, incredible or beautiful headphones, and speakers you've seen, or that are out there.

I guess you could do the worst too...

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 48
nothing says badass like some bullets

skull-candy-headphone.jpg

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 48
The AKG K-1000. They threw convention out the window and went wih a modernist design that people still aren't entirely comfortable with.

And they sound incredible, too.

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AKG K-1000. They threw convention out the window and went wih a modernist design that people still aren't entirely comfortable with.

And they sound incredible, too.

I agree with the convention part.. But they look really geeky..

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #6 of 48
I'm not a horn guy, but these look awesome! Whoever owns these is a player - not a spectator.

IMAGE012.jpg

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #8 of 48
I can't post a picture from the phone, but plasma speakers are inherently badass. They're dangerous, for sure, but tweeters that glow blue from an arc of electricity might be the coolest - and best sounding - thing in existence.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #9 of 48
El_Doug: Those look great!
beerchug.gif
The big horns in my photo use ALE compression drivers, as do the horns in your photo.

Uncle Erik: Here's an assist
wink.gif

45.%20Lansche%20Plasma%20Tweeter%20Up%20Close.JPG

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #10 of 48
Early theater speaker, never designed to be seen, obviously. WAF nonexistent!

My favorite industrial design of a transducer, the JBL 2405 compression tweeter, produced for fifty years.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #11 of 48
El_Doug, are those speakers sitting on a crate?
I don't think so, it must be a high tech mount that looks like a crate!

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beat by a mile
wink.gif

That is one moment in the never ending evolution of Jean-Yves Kerbrat's stereo rig. Those are ALE Bass Horns in the back fed by 100kg ALE compression drivers. I will post a link to a treasure trove of images if I can find it. Here is a Stereo Times brief look. StereoTimes - Commentary
and a short page of a visit to his power room. Audio Nirvana. Página de Audio de Ernest Ruiz

The dude seriously needs to get into headphones!

I post here the photo of him holding a T1610 KR triode, which he unfortunately used in Cary amps instead of KR units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back