What are the best headphones I can get under $150?
Dec 5, 2009 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

Wiimote007

Head-Fier
I listen to Electro-pop, Rock, R&B, Classical sometimes, and Techno.

I want a comfortable set of cans (Full size and closed would be prefered) to use straight out of my ipod. I would be using them on the way to school, at home through my laptop, and on transit.

I would like best sound quality to take the most important spot, then Isolation and sound leakage protection as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been looking at the SRH750 DJ's, SRH440/840's, or even the Sony XB-700's.
I know its open, but I've also been interested in the Sennheiser HD485's slightly.
redface.gif

Please comment with your ideas on the best set of phones for me, and if you have other suggestions, let me know! Thanks so much Head-fi.
darthsmile.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 69
I Can thoroughly recommend the Shure 440's. I've had them a month now. The sound is superb they run easily from my iPod Touch and my Nokia 5800. They are also comfortable.

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can add the GMP 8.35 to the list at 149.00 € + shipping. Here is the link: GMP 8.35 D Monitor - GermanMAESTRO Shop

I've been lurking a while and I notice you recommend that set of cans to EVERYONE (Pretty much)
biggrin.gif
Anyway, I'm looking for the price in canadian being lower than $159, if its in euro's then it's way over budget.

So are the Srh440's better then all those other ones I listed?

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 69
When Acix recommend gmp Im there with hd 25 1 as portable !
biggrin.gif

They are above your price range but its discount time so think that you could get them for much less !
And one more time
senn hd 25 1is ultimate portable 'phone !
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #11 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiimote007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I lowered it down to the ATH-M50's, the SRH440's and the Sennheiser HD448's.

Which is best for me? Any other suggestions?

You and me both!
beerchug.gif

(except the M50 is out of my budget...)

check this out:
Right Between Your Ears » A Review of Four ~$100 Sealed Headphones: Denon AH-D1001, Sennheiser HD 448, Shure SRH440, and Sony MDR-V6 – Part 1.

Although, my needs are home and portable for student with an ipod, so I wont be following that to the letter...

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #12 of 69
Grado SR-125
Grado SR-80 with cushion upgrade
Grado SR-60 with cushion upgrade and screen removal

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #14 of 69
Any Grado model is far superior to the one's people are recommending for you. The SR60i has about a $200 sound in a $80 package. However the thick midrange Grado sound is only for a certain taste that's why the jury is split. I would not recommend the HD448 because they need a powerful amp to power them. My HD428 have a plethora of hard hitting bass, clean mids, and crystal highs. They isolate well and look nice, best part about it, don't need an amp to perform at their best.

Dec 5, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #15 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiimote007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been lurking a while and I notice you recommend that set of cans to EVERYONE (Pretty much)
biggrin.gif
Anyway, I'm looking for the price in canadian being lower than $159, if its in euro's then it's way over budget.

So are the Srh440's better then all those other ones I listed?

You can try to get some used Ultrasones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back