What are the best headphones for under $300? Upgrading from JVC HA-RX700 (lol)
Nov 25, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #16 of 26
Please, PLEASE listen to some other phones before running out and buying the P5.

And put velour pads on your RX700's to make them not only more comfortable but sound much better as well.

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #18 of 26
Nov 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #19 of 26
Congratulations on enjoying your HD650s, which are a real steal now that they've been surpassed by the HD800.  For a few hundred used, you can get a heck of a headphone.

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
Congratulations on enjoying your HD650s, which are a real steal now that they've been surpassed by the HD800.  For a few hundred used, you can get a heck of a headphone.

I'd still suggest when you get 650's that you take a few months to test for synergy on Amps/DAC's and then DIY yourserlf up a nice sturdy cable. Those headphones would last you a long time if you gave them the thought they deserve.

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #21 of 26
i got them for $328 brand new from an authorized seller. still a bit pricey for me, since i'm poor. lol but they are worth it. the amp/dac i got for them was the real bank breaker.

Quote:

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #22 of 26
I haven't officially bought anything yet. i don't have an amp/dac/ or headphones. Right now I am just researching.

I mainly listen to hip hop, rap , electronica, techno, dubstep, and classical. Sometimes I will listen to other genres but these are the genres I mainly listen to

I have a budget of about $500-$600 for the whole setup

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #23 of 26
Easy, Stax Sr404/202 with adapter and a stax amp.
Should add up to around 600.
Blows away the aforementioned headphones. Even the Hd-650 is strictly mid-range.

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #24 of 26
After long search of trial i also found out that HD650 are what i was looking for. Yes they are expensive but i was unable to pass $349.99 deal @J&R after missing newegg's black friday deal so now i need to sell DT990 Pro, which are while great are bright, so i can compensate my spendings.

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #25 of 26
HD-650 is horrible for hip hop, rap, electronica, techno, dubstep.
It is very good for classical.

For all your non-classical genres, I would highly suggest you look outside of Sennheiser. 
I spent years trying to force myself to like Sennheiser because everyone always recommends them.
I can't imagine you like to listen to your hip hop and electronica and especially dubstep without bass.
Then again, you might.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverCalzone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I mainly listen to hip hop, rap , electronica, techno, dubstep, and classical. Sometimes I will listen to other genres but these are the genres I mainly listen to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back