What are the best headphones for under $300? Upgrading from JVC HA-RX700 (lol)
Nov 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

ForeverCalzone

New Head-Fier
These will powered with an amp/dac (still not sure). My main concern is that I don't having a dedicated sound card and I can't afford to buy one unless I downgrade my headphones/ amp/ dac.

I want to use these headphones mainly for music and gaming. I listen to hip hop, rap, trance, techno, and dubstep. Sometimes I will also listen to classical music, but I will never listen to country.

Edit: I forgot to mention I HATE my current headphones. They are really uncomfortable and make my ears hurt  A LOT. They are also not good at all when I use them to listen to music

Nov 24, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 26
It does when your new and convinced that your RX700's  suck. When your talking price to performance I'd be hard pressed to find a better set thenn RX700's. Now they are far to large and very heavy which is why I side graded to Sony XB500's after my stent with the RX700 but I used it for some tracks that need more resolution.

Now I know your knew to this and I know you don't understand it but audio doesn't work like other things. It doesn't go Okay->Better-> Not Bad at all-> Oh wow amazing.

Instead audio is all about personal preference, and it's more likely you just don't like their sound signature. It's not that they suck it's just they aren't a good match for you. It makes no sense to spend $300 blind for something that wont be a good match right?

Nov 25, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 26
Thank you.

I have a budget of $500-600 for the whole setup. I can not afford more than that.

I don't have a specific budget for headphones or any other equiptment. I just want my setup to sound the best that it can.

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #13 of 26
p5 comes with an ipod control, which is pretty useful, you can try it in any apple store, better bring your own soundtracks, I strongly recommend those musics downloaded from b&w website

Users who are viewing this thread

Back