What are the best budget dynamic/BA hybrid IEMs?
Oct 1, 2014 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ohcrapgorillas

500+ Head-Fier
I know of and own the quite spectacular Sony MH1--undoubtedly one of the best price to performance ratios in the headphone world, and also one of the worst-designed cables--but I'm not really aware of any other budget to mid-fi priced hybrid IEMs out there. I did find a IEM hybrid thread but it seemed mostly dedicated to $500+ stuff... but what hybrids are out there in the "more affordable" range?

I apologize if this thread is redundant, but I did do a little bit of searching but found nothing.

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 3
T-Peos Altone200, Dunu DN1000's and the Astrotec AX60's all come to mind, there's also the Sony XBA-H3 for the triples.

For dual, You've got the Astrotex AX35's, Dunu DN900's, T-Peos H100 off the top of my head, hope this helps.

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 3
  T-Peos Altone200, Dunu DN1000's and the Astrotec AX60's all come to mind, there's also the Sony XBA-H3 for the triples.

For dual, You've got the Astrotex AX35's, Dunu DN900's, T-Peos H100 off the top of my head, hope this helps.

Thanks for the response.

It's interesting that most of these seem to have varying degrees of U-shaped sound signatures. I wonder why that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back