What are some really good speaker wires?
Apr 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #31 of 32
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about these A5 speakers. From what I've read, they are powered speakers with cables attached. What gauge wire is it? Is there a link somewhere with info on the specs of the wire?

If they're powered, I believe (someone can correct me if I am wrong) that then you would look for wire with properties a bit like interconnects (low capacitance).

If they are not, and are powered by an external amp, then small capacitance is less important, but more important is the resistance of the wire. So, if they are not powered, then the recommendations for the blue jean or (~12 gauge) OFC wire would apply.

Either way, as I understand it, the A5 speaker is probably not sufficiently sensitive to really tease out minute changes in cable.

I have a bit of experience with amp-powered loud speakers and very little experience with self-powered speakers. Someone else may have a bit more experience.

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #32 of 32
Some of the best wires I have used are from Morrow Audio.  They have a great guarantee and do some amazing things if you have good equipment.  Mike Morrow is also great to deal with.  Start with the SP2 cables.  If you get this message in the next day or so, look on ebay and there are a set of SP4's going for about 100.00.  Will take about 200.00 to win, but these are close to 400.00 cables and are VERY NICE.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back