What are reading right now?
Jun 25, 2003 at 5:00 AM Post #48 of 64
The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living
by the Dalai Lama, and Howard C. Cutler

Jun 25, 2003 at 5:50 AM Post #49 of 64
Dragon by Clive Cussler

I have read most of his books and he's definately my favorite author. I don't read fiction much, so I haven't really read much else except some Michael Crichton novels.

Jun 25, 2003 at 6:10 AM Post #51 of 64
i just finished reading slaughterhouse 5. i guess it was pretty good. it's a high school standard in america right? like you have to read it when for literature class? im just wondering how is it anti-war, is it because the author gets crazy, thinking about aliens and stuff?

the novel has a sort of truth behind it right, like Vonnegut did serve the war? and got a little bit crazy?

anyway im reading zen and the art of motorcycle maintanence now. that is pretty intense.. i can't understand everything yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2003 at 6:15 AM Post #52 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by becomethemould

anyway im reading zen and the art of motorcycle maintanence now. that is pretty intense.. i can't understand everything yet
smily_headphones1.gif

What is that about, anyway?

Jun 25, 2003 at 6:17 AM Post #53 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by donovansmith
Dragon by Clive Cussler

IMHO the BEST Cussler book ever written. The plot is incredible and keeps you gripped from beginning to end. I read about 5 or 6 of his books and loved the adventures of that Dirk Pitt character Cussler developed in his books. Great reading!

Jun 25, 2003 at 7:02 AM Post #55 of 64
Dr. William Glasser's Choice Theory.

I just finished reading Glasser's Warning: Psychiatry Can Be Hazardous to Your Mental Health

Very good read, especially the chapter with Al Seiber's experience (ch. 13 I believe). Seiber was a doctor that was diagnosed with a mental illness because he had a hypothesis that went against conventional psychiatry. The doctors couldn't understand him so as a stress reflex, they labeled him with a mental illness. Very interesting how psychiatrists (in general) are so quick to make a serious judgment like that.

What I like about Glasser is that he puts things in laymens terms.

Jun 25, 2003 at 9:09 AM Post #56 of 64
We Shall Be All, Melvyn Dubofsky's study of the rise and fall of the International Workers of the World.

Jun 25, 2003 at 12:54 PM Post #57 of 64
Neil Stephenson - Cryptonomicon. the story isn't really going anywhere yet (hardly started, only at about 300 pages
smily_headphones1.gif
) but it's just loads of fun to read! doesn't have the ultra-coolness of Snow Crash, but a great read so far. highly recommend this author.

Jun 25, 2003 at 1:02 PM Post #58 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by spaceman
What is that about, anyway?

It's a study in life values by analogy to motorcycle maintenance by a guy who is taking a road trip with his adolescent son who is showing signs of insanity the father recognizes from earlier in his own life. Very good book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back