What are reading right now?
Jun 10, 2003 at 1:54 PM Post #18 of 64
"The Diamond Age" by Neal Stephenson

Jun 10, 2003 at 3:33 PM Post #23 of 64
Marjorie Morningstar by Herman Wouk, for the second time. Raises a lot of unanswered questions about what path one's life should take, surrounded by on-target social commentary about the NYC upper-middle class.

Jun 10, 2003 at 3:38 PM Post #24 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Lindy
Just finished The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. It was given to me by a Russian friend. Wow, I've never read anything like that before...

Great book! One of my favorites!

If you like Russian lit (one of my specialties), may I also recommend: The Foundation Pit (Platonov), We (Zamyatin), Tatyana Tolstaya's stories.

In fact, right now I am reading "Natasha's Dance" by Orlando Figes. Cultural history of Russia, Figes is very wordy, so-so so far.

--Chris

Jun 10, 2003 at 5:13 PM Post #27 of 64
Just finished King of Torts by John Grisham. Was not my favorite. I guess I would have liked a little more suspense.

Jun 10, 2003 at 5:23 PM Post #28 of 64
All Flesh Is Grass, by Clifford D. Simak. It's about a race of super-intelligent other-dimensional purple flowers enveloping a small, rural Wisconsin town in an impenetrable bubble. Very interesting read, as are most of Simak's works.

edited for typo.

Jun 10, 2003 at 5:26 PM Post #29 of 64
I am now rereading Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness. FIrst reading was some time back on a trip and I think I missed some of it. Want to read it again and pay closer attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back