What are reading right now?
Jun 10, 2003 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

spaceman

Headphoneus Supremus
Just curious as to what others are reading on this board. I'm actually into two books right now.

How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of how Western Europe's Poorest Nation Created Our World and Everything in It

If your into Scottish history, this is an excellent book. I have Scottish roots, and studied the history of Scotland in college, but there are many things in this book that really suprised me.

Zen for Christians: A Beginner's Guide

Just started this one. Looking for a little more in my life regarding spirituality, hope this points me in the right direction
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2003 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 64
smily_headphones1.gif
Stereophile and Gramophone, baby!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2003 at 7:28 AM Post #10 of 64
Willam Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury". Pretty good, but for pure weirdness I love "As I Lay Dying". That book is will turn your head around. I love it. Want to go into a REALLY scary house, Mark Danielewski?

Jun 10, 2003 at 8:00 AM Post #11 of 64
"Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. Shows what happens to a society when everyone abandons selffishness. (the world goes to hell)

Jun 10, 2003 at 11:31 AM Post #12 of 64
Just finished The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. It was given to me by a Russian friend. Wow, I've never read anything like that before...

Currently reading The No Spin Zone by Bill O'Reilly. It's ok, but not as good as I was expecting / hoping.

Jun 10, 2003 at 11:51 AM Post #13 of 64
TAS, Stereophile, Hi-Fi Choice, Sensible Sound, What Hi-Fi?, Sound & Vision.

Jun 10, 2003 at 12:40 PM Post #14 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Jonny Quest
I just read the da vinci code by dan brown. It was a pretty good book. I finished it in like 2 days.

I'm doing the Dan Brown thing right now too...about half way through "Angels & Demons"....started over the weekend...it's a real page turner as well. I'm going to pick up a couple more of his this summer.

John

Jun 10, 2003 at 12:45 PM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Lindy
Just finished The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. It was given to me by a Russian friend. Wow, I've never read anything like that before...

It's an amazing book, isn't it? It's important to remember that Bulgakov died before he could indicate what version (if any) he would consider publishable. Anyway, if you liked that novel, you have to read The Heart of a Dog. It's shorter than The Master and Margarita and a hell of a lot more interesting than O'Reilly's didactic ranting.
wink.gif

I'm reading Rabbit, Run by Updike right now. Pretty good, but I haven't gotten far yet. Work, work, work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back