What amp "matches" the UE11's? (UE 11 pro headphone amplifier selection)
Jul 10, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by sant430 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's really hard for me to really comprehend how unbelievable this sounds. To me, a sound signature this good should be illegal......

wow

It is illegal. The spraggih head-fi police patrol will be coming to your home with a audio warrant to confiscate Predator and all related accessories.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #34 of 50
let me think about that statement for a moment-- especially here on head-fi.org....

if the ue11s need an amp then maybe they are not worth it...

Got it!

They do not *need* an amp-- they benefit from an amp (per head-fiers here)-- YMMV of course.

Like every other device, instrument discussed here-- they benefit from higher end amplification, and higher end digital-to-analog conversion.

How much do they benefit from amplification is the question you may be asking-- and if the benefit is really high then you cannot be truly portable and enjoy the music and as such they (the UE11s) lose value to you.

I would agree with that thinking... but the statement alone needs more probing, discussion.
</div>

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #35 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Float /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, if ue11 needs an amp to drive it...

makes me wonder why i spend so much on an iem after all.

Hmm, that's kinda like saying you bought a Lamborghini and then found just because it needed premium oil and high octane gas to perform its best, so it ain't worth driving?
biggrin.gif

Anyway, there's a discussion going on in the Jaben Forums about a new amp that seemed interesting: The "Mystery Amp" - some pictures and impressions

The OP seemed to like it with his UE-11's.

Aug 4, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #36 of 50
I've been listening to the UE-11's with the Pico both straight from the Ipod and as a Dac from my Macbook. Gotta tell you they sound truly amazing. However after reading the posts about the Predator I'm going to pull the trigger and try'em. I can always sell one or the other (or keep them both). I'll let you know what I think after I burn them in for 2/3 years (only kidding).

Aug 4, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #37 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to the UE-11's with the Pico both straight from the Ipod and as a Dac from my Macbook. Gotta tell you they sound truly amazing. However after reading the posts about the Predator I'm going to pull the trigger and try'em. I can always sell one or the other (or keep them both). I'll let you know what I think after I burn them in for 2/3 years (only kidding).

Yeah report back when you can compare them both, although what i would rather see is the iqube vs predator, or iqube vs predator vs the new sr71a!

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just be sure to give the Predator over 600-700 hours (4 weeks running) of burn-in before you decide it isn't right for you, and 1000 hours is better.

Will do Mr. Addict!

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #41 of 50
Pico + UE11!

You might want to check out wakeride74's impressions!

Sep 13, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by qib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry for the thread necromancy here but what do people think of the Voyager with the UE-11. Would it improve SQ much?

No. Its an awful combination.

The only IEMs I found to synergise with the Voyager were the ER-4S/P

Sep 13, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #44 of 50
I found it to be very boring. Without the contour switch on everything seems very close together, almost closed in & very, very dull. With the switch on it seemed to open everything up but the bass is too much & the treble gets grainy & slightly sharp.

There is also a prominent hiss from the amp constantly. Even when the volume pot is turned down to its fullest extent. Very noticeable & very annoying.

Sep 13, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by verjuno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ue11+ pico is good maching?

Does the trick for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Float /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, if ue11 needs an amp to drive it...

makes me wonder why i spend so much on an iem after all.

They work great without an amp as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back