What amp "matches" the UE11's? (UE 11 pro headphone amplifier selection)
May 19, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #16 of 50
Hmm .. i am currently using the tomahawk and i find that it does not have good synergy with the UE11, in fact it sounds pretty lousy compared to my triplefi. I can only attribute this as the tomahawk not driving the UE11 well. (using imod as source).

looking to find a amp replacement for the tomahawk .. looks like the 3 main contenders to try are

Predator
iQube
Headamp AE-2

May 19, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #17 of 50
i suppose Predator it's better but i'm veeeeeery happy with the UE11+Tomahawk combo.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by zhix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm .. i am currently using the tomahawk and i find that it does not have good synergy with the UE11, in fact it sounds pretty lousy compared to my triplefi. I can only attribute this as the tomahawk not driving the UE11 well. (using imod as source).

looking to find a amp replacement for the tomahawk .. looks like the 3 main contenders to try are

Predator
iQube
Headamp AE-2

have you tried the tomahawk in the high gain? with the ckassic works fantastic ¡¡

May 23, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #19 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you tried the tomahawk in the high gain? with the ckassic works fantastic ¡¡

yes i did ... always in high gain .. for some reason it does not sound as good with my triplefi

Jun 29, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #22 of 50
I recently paired up my UE 11's with Ray Samuels' Predator; and with 250+ hours of burn-in...I AM IMPRESSED!! It is hard to belive it is only going to get BETTER.

I would recommend RSA's Predator to anyone.

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #23 of 50
For iPod (and similar) users does the Predator seem like overkill? Because you are only using the Predator's amp so you are buying a DAC that is not getting used.

Do you feel like you could upgrade the amp for $100-$200 that is extra with the Predator for its DAC and get better sound quality?

Side note: I am getting old-- I know it. The thought of burning in anything waiting for it to grow better sounds so counter to enjoying the music. I wonder if manufacturers who believe in burn-in would just burn-in the equipment prior to shipment. I know that would delay shipment but it would be a benefit to the consumer/customer.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #25 of 50
I am using the PRII with ad744 mod with the UE11s sounds damn good,I tried my portaphile V2 maxed to much bass with the portaphile.

I would like to try the Pico,pedator at some point,with my newly aquired
UE11s.
I tried the pico at Canjam with the universal UE11s,but they where universals.

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #29 of 50
I'm listening to my UE11s from my Predator with MediaMonkey and ASIO4ALL.

It's really hard for me to really comprehend how unbelievable this sounds. To me, a sound signature this good should be illegal......

wow

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #30 of 50
NOPE! With the Lisa 3 there is nothin' of a noise floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back