What amp are you HD650 guys using?
Feb 21, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #92 of 212
Little Dot MKIV SE. To my ears, it sounds as if it's a perfect match for my HD650's in the $400 range.

I'm also very interested in trying out the Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 with my setup, but later on in the future.

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #93 of 212
Corda Opera --> Zu Mobius --> HD 650.

An excellent match to my ears.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #95 of 212
I still use the Dynalo now and then, but the Zana Deux eclipses it. I'm hoping to bring a Bijou online within a few weeks; it looks like a potential good match. While I've since sold it, the PreSonus Central Station did a nice job with the HD-650, as well.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #96 of 212
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still use the Dynalo now and then, but the Zana Deux eclipses it. I'm hoping to bring a Bijou online within a few weeks; it looks like a potential good match. While I've since sold it, the PreSonus Central Station did a nice job with the HD-650, as well.

I'm using my Zana Deux - the pairing is so gorgeous it has made me actually enjoy and like them
smily_headphones1.gif
Coming from a grado-head, who would have thunk it.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #97 of 212
I am running a LD MKI but I should have a WooAudio WA3 in a few days to take it's place.

I am also currently working on a Bijou to pair with them. I guess a recable should be next on the list.

Feb 22, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #101 of 212
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used a lot of different amps with my 650/equinox, but my long term favorites continue to be the PPA with diamond buffers, and the Ear+HD.

Which between those two depends on what I'm listening to. Some recordings just sound nice on one than the other, but both amps perform vary well with the 650s.

DAC1 balanced..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back