What a heck is that!
Oct 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

shrisha

500+ Head-Fier
http://cgi.ebay.com/Headphone-Amplifier-Class-no-passive-components-HD580-/330477348923?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf1fc283b

confused_face_2.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #3 of 17
looks like a 9volt battery to me,with the wires connected to the cables from the headphone & cd player,Scam if I have ever seen one.

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 17
It's a scam. And you might just end up blowing your headphones connecting a line out to the batt connected to a headphone. You can only use a batt to test a speaker/headphone, you cannot feed signal through a battery and have it up the voltage.

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 17
The funny thing is the seller requires a signed waiver with the promise of not copying the design and the responsibility of others not copying it. Copy what? A battery? lol

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #7 of 17
The interesting thing is the delivery date is from Dec 10 to Dec 13 which is past the amount of time before you can issue a claim with paypal assuming it is 30 days still. I'd be surprised if anyone buys that.

Oct 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #8 of 17
Quoting Mel Brooks:  "Zat iz only a ruse to fool ze feeble minded!"  (from Dracula: Dead and Loving It) It makes the whole thing seem legit, what with someone trying to protect a circuit. Same waythose "let's get rich!" seminars like "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" make you pay for a seminar on how to get rich but never really teach you anything about the stock market or real business, but just the surface of their company's business model. The REAL reason why they're rich is because they convinced you to pay them to show you how.

Quote:
The funny thing is the seller requires a signed waiver with the promise of not copying the design and the responsibility of others not copying it. Copy what? A battery? lol

Oct 26, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #10 of 17
I cannot believe that seller hasn't been banned yet. He was selling a tube attached to a battery for $2,000 and calling that the worlds best tube headphone amp.

His feedback thread would indicate he never actually sold any of those $2k wonders. So now he's apparently decided to try to sell a battery and some wire for $50 instead.

Unreal.

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #12 of 17
Well I don't think ebay is the fastest at closing down accounts. Mikhail is still selling on ebay as far as i know so I don't expect that seller to be banned anytime soon.

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 17
It definitely looks like a scam.  I don't know how anyone can look at that wire and 9V battery and think that it is the best "wire with gain" out there.  I guess if there is a sucker, they'll look at his 100% rating and go for it, but hopefully I don't have too much faith in humanity and someone looks at that and think its a joke.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #14 of 17
On the flipside, eBay has a LOT of faith in humanity. Their a bit Adam Smith-ish on their homepage, if you read their message about how long eBay has worked for a lot of people.

Quote:
It definitely looks like a scam.  I don't know how anyone can look at that wire and 9V battery and think that it is the best "wire with gain" out there.  I guess if there is a sucker, they'll look at his 100% rating and go for it, but hopefully I don't have too much faith in humanity and someone looks at that and think its a joke.

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
I cannot believe that seller hasn't been banned yet. He was selling a tube attached to a battery for $2,000 and calling that the worlds best tube headphone amp.

His feedback thread would indicate he never actually sold any of those $2k wonders. So now he's apparently decided to try to sell a battery and some wire for $50 instead.

Unreal.

Well you can't really go by his feedback thread to determine if he really sold any of those wonderful tube amps.  Anyone who was stupid enough to buy it is probably too embarrassed to leave any feedback, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back