What a coincidence... Casio watches
Apr 29, 2011 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

blackbird

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I have some exams coming up, and ever since losing my precious Timex Easyreader (it was an EXCELLENT watch), I've simply used my phone for the time. But these timed exams have very strict limits, 20-25 minutes per section, which is a pain. I considered getting a analog watch, which I like better, but for these exams, I thought a digital would be better to keep track of time during an exam.

So today, I trek over to J&R at City Hall, and go into Door #3, to buy a watch. I just went for the cheapest one, since I only needed it for exams. Now that I think about it, the woman at the counter was giving me odd looks, but I didn't know why. So I buy the watch, pick it up at Door #2, and then go to the the JR Cafe to get my free complimentary coffee. I hop onto their wifi, and search for review for the watch. I searched google: F-91W.

The first thing that pops up: CASIO WATCHES AFFILIATED WITH TERRORISM!!

Of course, this was very surprising to me. I only needed a simply digital watch, and now I have one that's connected to terrorism? What is even more surprising is that these news reports only came out 2-3 days ago, and I was completely oblivious to this.

Needless to say, I am quite surprised, and hope people don't give me any more funny looks when they see the watch.

Apr 30, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now that I think about it, the woman at the counter was giving me odd looks, but I didn't know why.

I'm a brown man with facial hair.  I get a similar response every single time I go outside or interact with other hu-mons.

Apr 30, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #5 of 7
Apr 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Haha, that's a new one! Large Sri Lankan / Indian / Arabic population near me at Warden & Finch, but hey, we have Jamaicans, Filipinos, a hidden community of Eastern Europeans somewhere near Warden & Eglinton (a lot of Russians and Ukrainians come into my store) and still a large group of various Asian around the Markham area... Oh, and random Caucasian people scattered amongst the town.

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 7
I used to live on Eglinton west of Vic Park so I am familiar with the area.
A couple of my favorite places to eat were Steak Queen and the Armenian Kitchen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back