Wharfedale DD1s
Sep 30, 2011 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stereodog

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,
Long time reader first time poster. I recently bought an old pair of Wharfedale DD1s from a market stall and have been listening to them for a while on my hi-fi (Onkyo 515dab). I'm in no way an expert on these matters but I thought that they sound really good, particularly with my Walter Carlos Moog collection. I started searching for other people's opinions and found them to be very conflicting, some saying they were superb and some saying that they were rubbish. I just wondered if anyone could give me their opinion on them? Thanks in advance.

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 5
Whoa!  Didn't know they made headphones.  I love their speakers.

Jul 5, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #5 of 5
My friend just this morning offered to send me a not very used Wharfedale DD1s.

I have no idea if they are remotely good compared to, e.g., Audio Technica A700, whose wiring I just had to replace? Any more comments after using them for a while, or comparisons with modern phones?

Do they sound much worse than modern headphones for instrumental music? (Free is free, but I would rather not waste his time by having them sent over. I've heard good things on this forum about the isodynamics from the same company, but nothing much about DD1.) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back