Westone W80
Oct 18, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #107 of 1,446
I just looked on earphone solutions site an hour or so ago. the product page now says available to ORDER October 25th, and there's no buy button. I think they must've sold out of the expected 1st early shipment.

Same. I don't have the option to preorder. It just says Out of Stock where I should be able to add it to cart. There are just so many new IEMs coming out now especially with the announcement of the CA Vega's. I might end up passing on the W80. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #109 of 1,446
Same price as this one can go CIEM, even fewer BA drivers but a much better sound.

Been an Westone fan and i really loved the UM2, but things have changed quite a bit since.

True you can get the es60 in the same price range. I am not sure how the w80 compare as i have yet to hear the w80 yet.

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #112 of 1,446

Mine shipped Thursday from Earphone Solutions. Received yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

And? Your music source?

Probably not Tera
biggrin.gif
 (you can thank Charles, he is very stubborn lol!!! otherwise I would have included his Tera in all of my reviews when i talk about source pair up 
wink.gif
)

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #114 of 1,446
Have you tried talking nice to Charles?Some haven't and they were very criticising about the Tera Player.
Twist, are you going to review the Vega? We need more impressions on both.

Don't want to hijack W80 thread, I will reply to you in PM.

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #117 of 1,446
  How is w80? I just lost my togo334 and going to order one....tried w60 and ue18pro before

I believe the w80 has the qualieties of the w60 but improves on them. I have not heard the 80 but think twister said the bass is tighter, highs are improved, and overall just more detail than the w60.

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #118 of 1,446
How would these W80s compare to Westone 4Rs ? Could they be considered an "upgrade" for using with an iPhone exclusively, without any ext DAC/amp - part for a lghtning cable maybe ? I listen to power / symphonic metal only.
Speaking of lightning cables, does anyone know if Westone has any plans to release one (à la Audeze Cypher) for their IEMs, rather than a (shoddy) bluetooth adaptor which deteriorates the sound quality instead of improving it ?

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #119 of 1,446
  How is w80? I just lost my togo334 and going to order one....tried w60 and ue18pro before

I have posted quite a few impressions through this thread, including comparison to W60.  Plus, I had a short write up, posted a few weeks back on my blog: https://twister6.com/2016/09/30/first-look-at-westone-w80/

I never heard UE18Pro, but currently reviewing UERR and heard UE18Pro adds more sub-bass/mid-bass on top of UERR. Thus, I would assume that W80 will be somewhere between W60 and UE18pro.

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #120 of 1,446
  How would these W80s compare to Westone 4Rs ? Could they be considered an "upgrade" for using with an iPhone exclusively, without any ext DAC/amp - part for a lghtning cable maybe ? I listen to power / symphonic metal only.
Speaking of lightning cables, does anyone know if Westone has any plans to release one (à la Audeze Cypher) for their IEMs, rather than a (shoddy) bluetooth adaptor which deteriorates the sound quality instead of improving it ?

W60 was a noticeable upgrade over W40, and I also consider W80 to be refined version of W80 (please refer to my W60 review in a profile link, and my impression of W80 from a link above).

I'm not aware at this point of any lighting cables from Westone, though who knows what they are cooking in their lab.  I'm fully Android vested, so don't have any experience with Cypher cable, but wouldn't that put a serious drain toll on your iPhone battery?

Regarding Westone BT Cable, which mmcx IEM did you use when you tested it to determine it's shoddy and deteriorates your sound quality?  I have reviewed it extensively with a dozen of different popular IEMs/CIEMs, and found sound quality to be excellent, with an exception of an added hissing with some sensitive iems/ciems.  Again, look under my profile for BT Cable review.  Every BT dongle adds some level of hissing, even the latest AK XB10.  But the level of sound quality when I compared wired vs wireless with BT Cable was really good.  I didn't even notice too much of a difference when testing with my Note 4 (aptx) versus FiiO X7 (no aptx).  So, I'm not really sure why you heard deterioration of the sound quality.  Which IEM did you use for testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back