Westone W60 Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #1,561 of 1,957
Just a design change. We originally built the W60 with just the W on the faceplate but our customers asked to have the W60 on the faceplate. No difference other than that. 
Yes mine do they are revised 4 edition. And comes with they cable I got with my um50's. and the iPhone cable. This is my second pair. The first came with the w and the other cable without the memory kinda earhooks.

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #1,562 of 1,957

Just a design change. We originally built the W60 with just the W on the faceplate but our customers asked to have the W60 on the faceplate. No difference other than that. 

Yes mine do they are revised 4 edition. And comes with they cable I got with my um50's. and the iPhone cable. This is my second pair. The first came with the w and the other cable without the memory kinda earhooks.

Yeah, I love UM pro series cable too!  It has a pre-shaped heat-shrink earhook.  I'm not a big fan of memory wire 'cause every time you store IEM in a case and take them out, you have to re-shape it again.  With a pre-shaped one there is no need to worry about it.  I actually now ask for pre-shaped earhook tube on all my aftermarket cables too.

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #1,563 of 1,957
Yeah, I love UM pro series cable too!  It has a pre-shaped heat-shrink earhook.  I'm not a big fan of memory wire 'cause every time you store IEM in a case and take them out, you have to re-shape it again.  With a pre-shaped one there is no need to worry about it.  I actually now ask for pre-shaped earhook tube on all my aftermarket cables too.
Yes me too. Memory wire drives me absolutely crazy. Like you I like the pre shrunk ones way better. I just bought the fostex te100 and the cable doesn't have either one. It's just the cable ya know. That's how I like it.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #1,564 of 1,957

I'll have to check in the morning. I have a boxed unit and I can talk to the engineer but I've always been under the assumption that it was a design change. I'll check tomorrow and confirm.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #1,565 of 1,957
I'll have to check in the morning. I have a boxed unit and I can talk to the engineer but I've always been under the assumption that it was a design change. I'll check tomorrow and confirm.
It was a design change I believe. My first unit which I believe was revised 2 and the driver shell had that what looked like crack in the shell that people were talking about. It wasn't a crack but it was in the design I believe. Well the newer revised 4 version dosnt have that crack on the top of the driver unit. It is smooth looks perfect. I'm not sure or can't remember but I think that's what people thought it was a crack I believe ? I can post a picture tomorrow of the newer unit with the um cable and no crack. Or whatever people were calling it. To me the newer units were made much nicer. I thought it was a great job by westone.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #1,566 of 1,957
[/IMG]

Here are a couple pics of the newer version with the um cable. And the smoother shell. Without that crack.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #1,568 of 1,957
Yes.....I got very use to my Pro50 with easy plug and play with no amp.  Detail is all there but soft and laid back.  Bass is insane with tremendous SLAM!  (moreso than SE846 whose bass is closer to W60).  This W60 is SO revealing....so balanced.  Dumbfounded how anyone could pick SE846 over it as I had them both at same time for a short time period when both came out 3 years back.  I'm crazy about the detail retreival for someone that likes to turn it up!!!   Yes there are more revealing IEM's but it's painful if you listen too loud.  W60 ROCKS for any kind of music.   Just cant $double or justify my investment for a W80 right now....but some day.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #1,569 of 1,957
Yes.....I got very use to my Pro50 with easy plug and play with no amp.  Detail is all there but soft and laid back.  Bass is insane with tremendous SLAM!  (moreso than SE846 whose bass is closer to W60).  This W60 is SO revealing....so balanced.  Dumbfounded how anyone could pick SE846 over it as I had them both at same time for a short time period when both came out 3 years back.  I'm crazy about the detail retreival for someone that likes to turn it up!!!   Yes there are more revealing IEM's but it's painful if you listen too loud.  W60 ROCKS for any kind of music.   Just cant $double or justify my investment for a W80 right now....but some day.
+1. I didn't own the 846 more then a week or two and sold them Much prefer them um50. And specially the w60. As a matter of fact, this may sound weird but I actually like/liked the se535 more so then 846. Ya call me crazy lol

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #1,571 of 1,957
That's very strange indeed, at least SE846 gives some depth - the bass of SE535 is, for no better words to describe, like fart. 
Depends on what tips and source your using. The bass sounds great with the hp-p1. Actually pretty incredible. Lol i liked mids better for some reason just personal choice I guess. And to me., and I can can't stress that enough lol the bass on the 846 was like one note that's it. The lower mids or mid bass maybe was like missing or something. I don't know I'm old so maybe hearing isn't as good as once was lol but hey each their own. :blush:

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #1,575 of 1,957
W60 is my first Westone IEM. I own a lot of high-end IEMs (AKG K3003 without remote, UE, Sony, Etymotic ER4, iSine20, etc. W60 are my go-to because it is super comfy and the sound is non-fatquing. I can use them all day and on long flights. Took this pic in Spain. :) The thin cable for AK players is awesome. Highly recommended for anyone with an AK player.

http://tinyurl.com/jd7svrz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back