Westone W60 Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #212 of 1,957
This thread is very quiet!

I could try a demo of the W60, and I was pretty impressed. I really don't like the UM 50pro, don't appreciate so much the w50 either, but the W60 pleased me a lot. Especially the very musical and articulate mids, and the smoothness but extremely resolving sound. It reminds me somehow Fitear house sound. Timbre are pretty accurate to my ears too. And they are so small and fit so well! I own SE846 but it'is hard to say which one is better because they are really too different.The 846 are a very punchy IEM while the w60 are  laidback kind IEM. I find both outstanding IEM and prefer both to the Univ Roxanne (I was able to directly compare them). I might buy a pair of those W60 later. But they seriously deserve more love around here!
etysmile.gif
They are clearly one of the best IEM i heard (and I heard a lot).

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #214 of 1,957
I have pointed out marketing failure from day one.  Hell, I would be happy to send my W60 to a stateside Head-Fi moderator
for  a proper review.  I agree on time with the w60.  It honestly took me a few weeks to either break-in IEM or have brain burn-in.

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #215 of 1,957
This thread is very quiet!

I could try a demo of the W60, and I was pretty impressed. I really don't like the UM 50pro, don't appreciate so much the w50 either, but the W60 pleased me a lot. Especially the very musical and articulate mids, and the smoothness but extremely resolving sound. It reminds me somehow Fitear house sound. Timbre are pretty accurate to my ears too. And they are so small and fit so well! I own SE846 but it'is hard to say which one is better because they are really too different.The 846 are a very punchy IEM while the w60 are  laidback kind IEM. I find both outstanding IEM and prefer both to the Univ Roxanne (I was able to directly compare them). I might buy a pair of those W60 later. But they seriously deserve more love around here!:etysmile: They are clearly one of the best IEM i heard (and I heard a lot).

Thanks a lot ! How do they compare to the MH335DW regular and SR version?

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #216 of 1,957
Hello Mimouille, how are you?

The sound signature af W60 is pretty close to the 335SR. I feel the SR have slightly more treble presence and maybe a slighty better resolution, but not 100% sure about that. More comparisons are needed. The mids feel slightly more emphasized on W60.
I think the W60 might be somwhere between the regular 335 and the 335SR, but closer to the SR. All of those 3 are more or less in the dark side. It would rank from the darkest to the most neutral like that:
335>>>W60>335SR
If you can't have access to Fitear high end IEM, the W60 might be one of the best option I believe. (or es60 if you prefer custom if those are the custom version of W60)
Hope it helps.

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #218 of 1,957
help I have Dunu DN1000, earsonics with ~ EM6, I want to sell sem6, and buy Westone w 60 or Shure se846, whether they will be better than sem6, I want good bass, crystal-clear sound and deep wide scene

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #219 of 1,957
Perhaps the reason this thread has been quiet is the availability of the W60 outside the USA.
I have only today been able to buy a pair here in the UK.
The price was pretty reasonable too at 599 pounds, my Shure 846 and Final Audio FI BA SS both cost me nearer a 1,000 pounds.
As to preference it is too early to say.
I loved my Westone 4r compared to my Shure 535 but the 846 will be hard to beat though the Final Audio come very close.

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #220 of 1,957
Perhaps the reason this thread has been quiet is the availability of the W60 outside the USA.
The price was pretty reasonable too at 599 pounds, my Shure 846 and Final Audio FI BA SS both cost me nearer a 1,000 pounds.
I loved my Westone 4r compared to my Shure 535 but the 846 will be hard to beat though the Final Audio come very close.

Where from if you don't mind me asking?

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #222 of 1,957
Well that doesn't happen often, same price in the uk as the usa (after conversion naturally).  Wonder how long that will last.  Tempted to try them now.

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #223 of 1,957

That is surprisingly cheap. Considering the current exchange rate of 1 USD ≈ 0.6 GBP, you'd expect to be paying at least £720 including VAT. I wasn't planning to upgrade from my trusty 4R until my next trip stateside, but that price is mighty tempting! Agree with you regarding 4R vs 535... a colleague thought he'd made a good choice buying the 535 and was actually pretty upset after comparing against my 4R.

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #224 of 1,957
That is surprisingly cheap. Considering the current exchange rate of 1 USD ≈ 0.6 GBP, you'd expect to be paying at least £720 including VAT. I wasn't planning to upgrade from my trusty 4R until my next trip stateside, but that price is mighty tempting! Agree with you regarding 4R vs 535... a colleague thought he'd made a good choice buying the 535 and was actually pretty upset after comparing against my 4R.

I had contemplated buying from the States but that would have been 999 dollars plus presumably VAT and other import costs.
I was amazed at the price and was worried they would turn out to be the W50.But no, they are the real deal.

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #225 of 1,957
Glad you all on the other side of the pond are getting them now!  I am eager to hear your impressions.  I will share that it took a couple weeks for me to really get to know these IEMs.  You might also find your impression changes as you get to know them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back