Westone UM3X announced!
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #466 of 557
They are being marketed to the Pro-audio audience as stage monitors, and all they need is clean sound with good isolation - they aren't supposed to be audiophiles or used for mastering the recording so they don't need to tune the sound, I guess.

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #467 of 557
You'd still think they could provide some long lasting tips.
frown.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #470 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spyro, if u have the slightest opportunity to try CK100, by all meant try it. It might be the most balanced IEM, even more than TF10P.

I really like TF10P and when got my IE8, kinda disappointed by the sound signature. CK100 fix most of TF10P issues. From slight midbass hump, slight veiled/recessed mid, slight prominent high to the enormous size. But that doesnt meant TF10P is poor performer. I will ranked TF10P closely behind CK100.

the ck100 actually has a big mid bump, good highs and recessed bass across the spectrum. for a more neutral earphone, the ck100's older brother, ck10 is more accurate.

Apr 29, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #471 of 557
Actually after several hundred hours, the sound signature actually changed. Mid not that forward but relatively forward compared to other spectrum. High actually become a bit recessed but deep bass more prominent. Bass still the same, just adequate. Might try getting E5 to boost the low end since Sony ClearBass make me headache...

Btw, i just noticed today is 29th. UM3X should be out by now.

Apr 29, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #474 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by ysyung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my UM3X. Comparing to W3, much smooth... but need time to burn-in.

you dont need a burn-in it is kind of psychological. you get used tp a new phone the more time you spend with it, the same with getting the rigth fit!

Apr 29, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #475 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by ysyung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my UM3X. Comparing to W3, much smooth... but need time to burn-in.

where did you preordered yours from. I preordered mines from earphonesolutions and i checked today they still have not shipped out my order

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #477 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by syed786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where did you preordered yours from. I preordered mines from earphonesolutions and i checked today they still have not shipped out my order

It's not suppose to. Regardless of when product is available the release date is 4/30 and dealers are NOT suppose to be shipping any product before that date, period.

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #478 of 557
really? i saw it today. half the shell is clear, the half that will be seen outside when you put it on, and the hidden half is black, with the westone logo there.

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #480 of 557
Mine have shipped too. Now if Parcelforce work fast, I should get them by Christmas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back