Westone UM3X announced!
Apr 7, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 557
I gotta see if these can beat my SE530's.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 557
AHHHHHHHH! ANOTHER??? NOW THERE'S 4 UNIVERSAL TRIPLES! D= JUST MADE THE DECISION HARDER!!!!

But curious how these put up with the Westone 3's.

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AHHHHHHHH! ANOTHER??? NOW THERE'S 4 UNIVERSAL TRIPLES! D= JUST MADE THE DECISION HARDER!!!!

But curious how these put up with the Westone 3's.

No there is 5. Audio Technica has a universal triple driver also. CK100 I believe it's called. Also, do you want your SE530's to have a much more improved soundstage? click the link in my sig.

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 557
Nice find! 56 Ohm and 124 sensitivity, interesting! No emphasis on any particular part of the frequency spectrum. Sounds like a neutral possible Ety alternative and a good monitor/mixing earphone.

Yeah, we need a comparo with the W3.

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #8 of 557
http://www.westone.com/index.php?loa...nt&page_id=297

This is the product page if you havent found it.

UM3X.jpg

Built to the highest professional standards, the true three-way, balanced armature UM3x delivers incredibly smooth response cross the entire frequency range. Using the same technology as our custom ES3X, the UM3X is the earpiece of choice for performers desiring high-end Westone sound quality in a universal-fit package. The comfortable Comply™ foam tips form to the ear for extended use without fatigue and provide up to 25 dB of ambient noise reduction. Equipped with a durable 50" stereo "Y" cord with a 3.5mm stereo jack, 4 pair of Comply™ foam tips, storage pouch and wax loop.

The UM3X is ultimate universal-fit musicians' monitor, perfect for the on-stage performer.
Available only in clear/black.

Listed for $379, while Westone3 is $399

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #9 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the Westone 3 discontinued now?

Absolutely! - Westone realised the Westone 3 could just NOT compete with the one and only SE530...and now they're also seriously considering discontinuing the ES3X for the very same reason.

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #10 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely! - Westone realised the Westone 3 could just NOT compete with the one and only SE530...and now they're also seriously considering discontinuing the ES3X for the very same reason.

And make a re-designed ES3X maybe?

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #12 of 557
Quote:

Actually, I heard that this is their last try. If Westone can't beat the SE530 with this one they are going to close up shop for good!
wink_face.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #14 of 557
Quote:

You could not have said it any better. you got it dead on right and accurate!! good job!!

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #15 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make it wireless?
tongue_smile.gif

No, they'll be using the same extraordinary SE530 cable (no L-shaped plug!) & extensions, and that 'sexy' metallic bronze shell (unlike the W3's dull and cheap black looking one with the silly logo), even the exact same packaging! -- it'll pretty much be a Shure SE530 clone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back