Westone UM2's compared to UM3X. Is it worth the upgrade?
Oct 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

echo-oche

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,
I own the Westone UM2's in clear and am considering the upgrade to the UM3X.  And while I consider the UM3X should I look at the Shure SE535's?

Primarily I am interested in hearing descriptions of the sound difference between the UM2 and UM3X and if it's drastic enough to justify the cost.

I prefer the clear aesthetics/cases and the fit this style of IEM.

Thanks and have a great day!

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi,

Yeah...I wrote a review a few days ago about this right here on Head-fi  in the "Head Gear" reviews section. Had the UM2 just before I got the UM3x. It is the review with the unboxing and also some comparisons to the UE Triple.Fit 10 Pro which I also owned.  Here is the page it's on: http://www.head-fi.org/products/westone-um3x-3x-true-triple-armature-drivers-in-ear-monitor-professional-earphone#reviews

Check it out. there are also a couple other review after mine to look at too. Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 5
I thought there was a big difference when I went from UM2 to UM3x.

I absolutely loved the UM2 and it actually took me quite a while to get used to the UM3x sound. I'd say the UM2 is warmer and smoother but the UM3x has tighter bass and a more mid forward sound. It's more revealing of poor quality recordings but I love the detail and separation. I've not heard the UM2 since I got the UM3x, so it would be interesting to give them another listen, but I don't think I'd want to go back to the UM2 on a permanent basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back