Westone UM2 or UE Triple.fi 10?
Aug 28, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by orangem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope to hear more thoughts on the UM2 (since they're more in line with what I'm willing to pay).
smily_headphones1.gif
Looking for transparent, analytical sound.

The UM2 is neither transparent nor analytical. I believe the same can be said of the TF10.

Aug 28, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #18 of 56
i wish i could afford tf10. On that note, where can i find the best price on tf10?

Aug 28, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by GIGANTOID /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UM2 is neither transparent nor analytical. I believe the same can be said of the TF10.

While I can't chime in on the UM2s, I can do so based on personal experience with the TF10s. I agree with Gigantoid... the TF10s sounded muddled and were unimpressive to me.

I vote for Etys... ER4S should fit the bill, but be aware that not many people care for the Ety sound, and the bass of these IEMs are somewhat lacking in terms of volume. As far as accuracy and definition goes though, I think the Etys fair well at all frequencies.

Aug 28, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by orangem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gigantoid:
despite what all these people said?
smily_headphones1.gif

do you have any recommendations for me? open to suggestions hopefully below the $250 price tag.

Yeah. I use and love the UM2 daily and stand by my statement. They sound excellent and i have no issues with them. But if you're looking for transparency and an analytical earphone the Etymotic Er4P is the pre-eminent earphone with the exception of the Ultimate ears UE10. Now this is hearsay but is hearsay based on a couple years of reading reviews and impressions on them.

Aug 28, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #23 of 56
the SE530s sound like a more refined UM2.....better in every regard in terms of sound quality.

If you're willing to spend the money of the Triple Fi's, spend your money on the SE530s.......

If for some reason you don't want to spend your money on the shures, get the UM2. The Triple Fi's are not good for heavy movement.

Aug 28, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #24 of 56
With all that's been said, I'll add, you might like the quality of the Klipsch Image X10. I find it to be more refined, open, detailed and controlled than the Etymotic ER4P. It also bests the Triple fi-10 in bass and control. They will initially have a warm sound with a slight hint of muddiness in the bass, but will progress to an astoundingly tight, controlled and luscious sound quality that, in my opinion, puts them up there with the Shure 530s and even above them.

Aug 28, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #25 of 56
hi everyone. i have the exact same decision to make. I have a pair of um2 now but am thinking of upgrading to the tf10pro. is the tf10pro as justifiable upgrade? I kinda like the sound , the highs sound much better than the um2.

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #26 of 56
why is everybody in this thread somewhat don't like the triples that much as.. let's say.. the people on the triple fi appreciation thread do??

love the trriples, or hate them?

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Wang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why is everybody in this thread somewhat don't like the triples that much as.. let's say.. the people on the triple fi appreciation thread do??

love the trriples, or hate them?

Just as every can has its strengths and weaknesses, so does every poster have his or her preferences. If you're looking into a thread which essentially calls for the idolization of a particular set of headphones, you'd expect to see people who have taken a liking to it and not the crowd who haven't.

I'm guessing that half the people here don't HATE the Triplefis, but rather prefer other cans over it. ^^

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #28 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the SE530s sound like a more refined UM2.....better in every regard in terms of sound quality.

I respectfully disagree. If anything it's more of a preference thing. I'll say this....right out of the box the SE530 reveals a tad more detail, but I can EQ the UM2 to reveal the same amount of detail. Once I get to this point it's a toss up. Yes, the SE530 maybe sounds a little more refined but UM2 makes the SE530 highs almost sound a little harsh/siblant. It's very subtle but I still find UM2 smoother in this regard.

On the other point...TFPro doesn't suck or anything by a longshot. It just has a "different" sound sig that I don't really care for.

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #29 of 56
The triple fi suck because they don't fit everybody. They're huge. They have a large(r) price tag. The profile of them in your ear doesn't make them stable for any activities other than just sitting there. They're not as comfy as UM2s.

Listen to a UM2 with the Corda Move....it's pretty damn good. Punchy, clear, articulate, transparent and just smile invoking.

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #30 of 56
How do you people get a smile. Since my purchase of an entry-level in-ear ah-c351, after upgrading, i've never smiled... Only smiled for awhile. Later, it didn't amuse me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back