Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Nov 19, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #841 of 3,037
I still switch back between the PRO 50s and the W4Rs as a sanity check. They're both good in their own ways, but the PRO 50s are way more comfortable.

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #844 of 3,037

Worth further clarification/investigation: has anybody ever heard both pro 30 and UM3x and compared them side by side?

Well I did a side by side comparison with the W60 and found very little difference between the two .From what I recall during the demo section, the W60 had slightly better bass response plus more detail but only really noticeable during critical listening. Absolutely no reason for me to dish out 1k when my my $150 UM3x gets me 95% there. Build quality wise, the W60s feels very cheap.The connectors are very loose and just pop with little effort.  

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #845 of 3,037
Well I did a side by side comparison with the W60 and found very little difference between the two .From what I recall during the demo section, the W60 had slightly better bass response plus more detail but only really noticeable during critical listening. Absolutely no reason for me to dish out 1k when my my $150 UM3x gets me 95% there. Build quality wise, the W60s feels very cheap.The connectors are very loose and just pop with little effort.  

nonsensical

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #849 of 3,037
Count me in! Loving them, um pro 30. It totally sound awesome as compared to my Shure se215 and Denon ADH1100.

I used the Shure's foam tips instead of what came with it, and the highs opened up.  Shure's tips have a bigger orifice, so maybe that helped a lot.

Nov 27, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #852 of 3,037

Yes, those tips.

The ones for Westones have narrow holes which could possibly get smaller or deformed when inserted in the ears.

I read somewhere in the head-fi forum to cut the westone tips shorter to improve the treble.

Ok i will try with olive tips. Thanks for your advice.

I have some westone tips, maybe i will try weekend.

Nov 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #855 of 3,037

I guess you misread my question. I was asking if anyone could ascertain whether UM3X is sonically identical to pro 30. Anyway, its good to know that UM3X stands up well against the $1000 giant w60. I guess diminishing returns applies everywhere. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back