Westone Tip Repalcements?
Nov 12, 2020 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Claypole

100+ Head-Fier
As much as I like my Westone UM Pro 30, I’m having trouble with the tips: the right ear is fine but my left isn’t. If I use the biggest foam tips (orange tube), then the seal is good and I get good sound, but I then sometimes notice a slight imbalance in the sound, like the left nozzle is getting squished slightly.

If I use the next smaller tips (same length, not as wide, red tube), it’s the same thing, only maybe not quite as good a seal.

The even smaller tips (shorter, narrowe, black tube) seem to work best, as in no imbalance. However, whilst the feel like they are fitting OK, I’m not quite getting the same sound as I do with the more ‘fuller fitting’ tips. It seems none of the many supplied tips quite work perfectly for me, (including the silicon ones).

Am I right in thinking that Sure Olives fit Westone IEMs perfectly? If so, I’ll happily try them, but how do the sizes compare?

I would consider any other tips if anybody has any suggestions, please?

Nov 12, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 4
I like the Symbios. They make a model with an adapter to fit Westone, Shure, etc. They're also a lot more comfortable than the stock tips. Like you, I found each of the included Westone tips to be a compromise.

I don't know if they still do it, but Symbios used to offer a discount to Head-Fi members. Might be worth looking into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back