Westone ES60 unboxing and first impressions
Jul 9, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #93 of 158

Sure thing. Here's a close up picture of my ES60. It's been six months and still love them. In real life, they don't draw too much attention, but still maintain a distinctive look. 

Wow mate, they look amazing! Better than I've imagined. I'll speak to Westone about these faceplates today.
Two more questions if I may:

1. Does the "W" reflect light? Cause I kind of see it does. If so, that's really sick!
2. Also, do you have any idea if the color of the faceplate can be changed from grey to say blue or green?

Thanks again for taking the time to post, really appreciate it!

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #94 of 158
You will definitely love the design. If you have the cash, go for it!

1. I think its the color of the carbon fiber plate that gives that impression. Mine are a silver tone and it gives the impression of reflecting light. 
2. I don't know. If my memory is correct, the metal plate only comes in one color, but you can change the background to either the carbon fiber plate or some of the other colors they have. I bought mine several months ago and not sure if they have come up with other options.

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #95 of 158
  You will definitely love the design. If you have the cash, go for it!

1. I think its the color of the carbon fiber plate that gives that impression. Mine are a silver tone and it gives the impression of reflecting light. 
2. I don't know. If my memory is correct, the metal plate only comes in one color, but you can change the background to either the carbon fiber plate or some of the other colors they have. I bought mine several months ago and not sure if they have come up with other options.

Thanks a lot for your reply Daniel. I spoke to Westone and they said your design is only available for the ES60. That's not a problem though, since my main gripe were the air gaps in my exotic materials. Westone told me these developed due to a poor quality glue they used in the process of making them, but now they're using an acrylic based one which should prevent this from happening again. So now they agreed to make me a new set of faceplates free of charge (my warranty expired more than 2 years ago) which is respectable.

I'll want to listen to the ES60s, JH Layla and other top end IEMs and maybe get a new pair in the future, but I'll be able to do that once I go overseas. There's no place here in Bucharest, Romania where I can do that.

Thanks again and enjoy your IEMs mate!

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #98 of 158
my main concern here is the female vocals ''I believe a previous reviewer noticed that vocals were somewhat recessed and I agree with this observation.'' from daniel's review.
female vocal is the best on ES3, that's why I still love my ES3 now. I still haven't found an IEM that can match the same performance on vocals.
probably need to wait for the next one :/

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #99 of 158
  my main concern here is the female vocals ''I believe a previous reviewer noticed that vocals were somewhat recessed and I agree with this observation.'' from daniel's review.
female vocal is the best on ES3, that's why I still love my ES3 now. I still haven't found an IEM that can match the same performance on vocals.
probably need to wait for the next one :/

Well, something tells me you need to take a look at the Noble K10s. Have you checked them out? These would be the IEMs I'd get if I were to replace my ES5s in the near future.

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #100 of 158
I wish I had not ever mentioned recessed vocals with regard to the ES60. After living with them for a year I would revise my wording to say the ES60 is extremely revealing of compromises made in mixing complex recordings. I have many files with outstanding, up-close-and-personal-sounding vocals of both males and females. I don't think anyone who listens to these will be unhappy with the sound.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #102 of 158
There is a possibility that I might get a chance to review and to compare ES60 to W60 and W60/UM56.  If that going to happen, in theory we are talking about the same tuned 6-driver config just a different isolation, but in practice... will see
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #103 of 158
Here you go, my full review of Westone ES60 is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/westone-elite-series-es60/reviews/14468

Feb 16, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #104 of 158
For those who have the ES60, which faceplate design did you choose. I assume the metal one is the reflections type -> steel or chrome. The customiser on the westone's website gives a cartoon depiction. It's so hard for me to tell. I just went with no faceplate with the white logo.

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #105 of 158
  Here you go, my full review of Westone ES60 is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/westone-elite-series-es60/reviews/14468

Hey twister, thanks for your review comparison of the ES60 vs the W60. So based on your review, the W60 has more mid bass slam and more sub bass than the ES60? Because like the previous few reviewers before you, I'm feeling a lack of mid bass attack from the W60. I mean I was at first, but after swapping around some tips and finally settling for the spinfits eartips, i think i'm hearing more mid bass slam now especially from the kick drum. I get the "blowing slam" feeling every time the kick drums comes in while with most of my other ear-tips i get very minimal bass impact that makes me thirst for more bass. I'm not sure if what i'm experiencing is just my mind or if my ears are telling the truth though.

Also if the ES60 has lesser mid bass and sub bass, than it means they are much more neutral and flat than the W60 right? If that's the case then I'm sticking with my W60s as upgrading to the ES60 will definitely leave me craving for even more bass impact than I already am with the W60s. Perhaps my W60s require more burn in time as I have not exceeded 50hrs of listening time with it yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back