Westone ES60 unboxing and first impressions
Apr 26, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #121 of 158
  Hmm I guess Noble and other manufactures with big publicity have much better marketing as website, description, the same model of universal and custom sounds identical (for example W60/ES60 sounds very differently based on reviews here so it is like different model), others also talk a lot with customers on forum, Fb etc. (but truth is Westone do not need it is well known brand and it is in many shops around the world like comercial brand)..
And I think Westone sank himself with their newer line of universal IEM UM50, W50, W60 etc. which seems to be not worth, many people have contradictory opinions on them which is not coincidence. I had UM PRO 50 for 10 days and in my opinion sound was not good, it was so dark almost unlistenable with a lot of songs. And I loved UM3X in past, strange. I believe ES60 is one of the best custom..   

But now I want IEM/CIEM again and hard to choose between ES60, K10ua, Harmony 8.2, UERR, Andromeda, Savant..it is a lot of options and hard to know blindly what will be best for me :frowning2: but I believe all will be great :) 

The biggest problem with ES60 - it only being offered as Custom IEM and people can't preview the sound in "universal" fit and wrongfully assume that ES60 is a custom version of W60 which is NOT!!!  Regarding Westone, W40/W50/W60/UmPro50 are all warm tuned IEMs, it's their house sound.  Some like it, others don't.  Just a matter of a personal preference 
wink.gif
  Also, their Epic cable keeps the sound warm, you NEED to switch to silver cable to bring up the details and sparkle.  ES60 which I have been using with Linum Super BaX prototype cable since last year is a force to be reckoned with
biggrin.gif

Regarding you decision, wait about a month or so, I will probably have a comparison of ALL of them (minus UERR, plus U12 and U6).

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #122 of 158
  Hmm I guess Noble and other manufactures with big publicity have much better marketing as website, description, the same model of universal and custom sounds identical (for example W60/ES60 sounds very differently based on reviews here so it is like different model), others also talk a lot with customers on forum, Fb etc. (but truth is Westone do not need it is well known brand and it is in many shops around the world like comercial brand)..
And I think Westone sank himself with their newer line of universal IEM UM50, W50, W60 etc. which seems to be not worth, many people have contradictory opinions on them which is not coincidence. I had UM PRO 50 for 10 days and in my opinion sound was not good, it was so dark almost unlistenable with a lot of songs. And I loved UM3X in past, strange. I believe ES60 is one of the best custom..   

But now I want IEM/CIEM again and hard to choose between ES60, K10ua, Harmony 8.2, UERR, Andromeda, Savant..it is a lot of options and hard to know blindly what will be best for me :frowning2: but I believe all will be great :) 

The ES60 required a lot of burn in. If you had the UM50 for only 10 days, you may not had enough time to burn them in. You really can't go wrong with any of those options.

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #123 of 158
I totalt agree:) the ES60 with the LINUM SuperBax is my best set of CIEMs EVER. I hear more details in the lows that in any of my other customs, and the silver plating gives the sharp and crisp sound in the highs. I love them. But as you mention; this is custom, very individual and difficult to compare with other people. But I LOVE THEM:D

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #124 of 158
  Regarding Westone, W40/W50/W60/UmPro50 are all warm tuned IEMs, it's their house sound.  Some like it, others don't.  Just a matter of a personal preference 
wink.gif
  Also, their Epic cable keeps the sound warm, you NEED to switch to silver cable to bring up the details and sparkle.  ES60 which I have been using with Linum Super BaX prototype cable since last year is a force to be reckoned with
biggrin.gif

Regarding you decision, wait about a month or so, I will probably have a comparison of ALL of them (minus UERR, plus U12 and U6).

Warm tuned house sound ok, I had LCD2 which was not cold as well but this heaphones had quality. I do not want punish something after 10 days and I also believe on quality cables and I belive umpro50 is technical good iem but tunned is wrong, I would buy cable only for hp/iem/ciem which I think is great even stock and wanted them amazing.
I had Jupiter a few days 2-3 weeks ago and it was better in everything reality, nature than pro50. My speaker are also for studio purpose..

It is good I look forward but as you can see we have different ears and accessories if you liked pro50.   

Sorrig what other CIEM you have?

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #125 of 158
I totalt agree:) the ES60 with the LINUM SuperBax is my best set of CIEMs EVER. I hear more details in the lows that in any of my other customs, and the silver plating gives the sharp and crisp sound in the highs. I love them. But as you mention; this is custom, very individual and difficult to compare with other people. But I LOVE THEM:D

The synergy of ES60 + SuperBaX is AMAZING!!!  And I can't wait to hear how it sounds with U12, so anxiously waiting to test your 2pin SuperBaX
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #126 of 158
How is everyone's fit with their ES60? My left ear is perfect, and the right ear feels good but I can feel it more than the left ear. There is no clear pressure points, but if I wear it for more than an hour, I may feel it a little discomfort. I can't exactly tell for sure which part of my ear canal is the issue, so I can't provide Westone a clear description. They did say they will compare it to my mold.

May 3, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #127 of 158
  How is everyone's fit with their ES60? My left ear is perfect, and the right ear feels good but I can feel it more than the left ear. There is no clear pressure points, but if I wear it for more than an hour, I may feel it a little discomfort. I can't exactly tell for sure which part of my ear canal is the issue, so I can't provide Westone a clear description. They did say they will compare it to my mold.

I have the same issue with my ES5s. I can feel it more than the left side, and i dont really like it at times. I didnt want to send it over for a remold, since I couldn't stand the wait.

May 6, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #129 of 158
  I have been spending some time on the ES60. In my opinion, it has a very strong imaging and instrument separation; better than Spiral Ear SE5.. It recreates impressive lower harmonics and background nuances. Also, it has a great speed in highs and lows.

Make sure to upgrade the cable to your aftermarket ones.  Epic is good, but doesn't do the sound justice.  It will only scale up from there.  As I mentioned before, Super BaX has the best pair up with ES60 I heard so far, better than most of my pure silver or pure copper cables.  Talk to Linum, definitely get one for review
wink.gif

May 6, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #130 of 158

Make sure to upgrade the cable to your aftermarket ones.  Epic is good, but doesn't do the sound justice.  It will only scale up from there.  As I mentioned before, Super BaX has the best pair up with ES60 I heard so far, better than most of my pure silver or pure copper cables.  Talk to Linum, definitely get one for review
wink.gif

Thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely try Super Bax. 
smily_headphones1.gif
  I am sure that it will be an upgrade. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #134 of 158
I just sent in my impressions for my ES60s.  I can't wait to get them.

How long did it take from the time that Westone received your impression to you receiving your CIEM?

PS. Thanks a lot to twister6 for your review.  It made it easier to spend this kind of money on a CEIM.

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #135 of 158

wink.gif

The Super Bax website is kind of confusing. What combo did you order? Any recommendation for a good pair of balanced cable? You can buy the Fiio balanced cable for Shure for like $30 which has mmcx connectors, but I believe Shure has the nonrecessed mmcx unlike the recessed in Westone, so it will stick out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back