Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Aug 12, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #1,606 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my Pico - And it all sounds so DAMN GOOD! Divine! Heavenly [Is there such a word at all?]!

Congrats, Pila. Let us know why it's so "DAMN GOOD"!
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #1,607 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would rather have only 1% of the people see it the same way as I do, than to have 99% of them agree with something that was far from my true perspective to begin with.

According to my calculations, only 0.05% people -- or 10 out of 2000 people -- will see things the way you do. Please don't ask how I worked it out. :) <---- smiley

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #1,608 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everything sounds much more airy - more refined, better balanced, more neutral yet more natural. Seems to be also more details and less bassy. [Everything is in comparision with D2 - > ES3X].

What can I say? Its just much better, I didn't expect to such a big diffrence.

Oh, and the soundstage is way bigger / deeper / more accurate / wider / well presented.

And there's more to be had! My DNA Sonett review is in the works...

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #1,609 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to my calculations, only 0.05% people -- or 10 out of 2000 people -- will see things the way you do. Please don't ask how I worked it out. :) <---- smiley

You maybe correct about that .05% (it could be even lower), but maybe you should speak only for yourself, music_4321.

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #1,610 of 1,871
^^I think I've made my views very clear on the subject and, as you should know, they very likely fall on that 1% (or less) you speak of.

EDIT: Perhaps to soon to have thrown some humour there - Wrong timing, I guess.

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #1,612 of 1,871
tigon ridge - I've noticed that you have been posting prolifically in at least three IEM appreciation threads over the last few months. There's no law against that. You obviously enjoy hanging at Head-Fi and expressing yourself in the forum threads. But I for one will attach more weight to your opinions when they are based upon your own first hand listening experiences, rather than those of others and what you have read in the course of your extensive research. I look forward to reading your own impressions of your very first pair of IEMs, whether they be the IE8, UM3X, ES3X or the JH13 PRO.

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #1,615 of 1,871
I got my ES3X's back today. The fit feels perfect and the seal is complete. Vivaldi never sounded better!
Pila, I am glad you are enjoying them too!

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #1,616 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my ES3X's back today. The fit feels perfect and the seal is complete. Vivaldi never sounded better!
Pila, I am glad you are enjoying them too!

Glad they're back and feel perfect Gilency! Congrats!

EDIT: Now, listen to some music! I'm currently listening to Smetana - Ma Vlast - Detroit Symphony Orchestra - Jarvi, Conductor. The hall, the dynamics, the passion. Wonderful!

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #1,617 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

10 out of 2000 is actually 0.5%
wink_face.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #1,618 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdr. Seraphim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad they're back and feel perfect Gilency! Congrats!

EDIT: Now, listen to some music! I'm currently listening to Smetana - Ma Vlast - Detroit Symphony Orchestra - Jarvi, Conductor. The hall, the dynamics, the passion. Wonderful!

Sounds interesting. I am kind of stuck in the Romantic period. Modern classical has not been my cup of tea with a few exceptions. Kind of jumped straight into Jazz although I do love a lot of 19-20th century American composers. I know, I know, I need to expand my horizons.....
normal_smile .gif

My wife and youngest son went to Russia, Finland and Sweden in June. Lucky them, they went to Tchaikovsky's and Sibelius homes.

Aug 13, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #1,619 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nar1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Besides all the hairs being split... I've finally started the journey down a road I've been wanting to travel for a long, long time.

Oh no, that's foam i see! it's best not to use foam as they tend to stick to the impressions and damage them. Also, in general the impressions are great, but the impressions would be more detailed if there was more material filled into the canal. I see some dents in the impressions.

However, great impressions in general =) Good luck on your customs!

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #1,620 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
10 out of 2000 is actually 0.5%
wink_face.gif

You're right - 100% right! :) And I'm supposed to be good at maths
redface.gif

I stand corrected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back