Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
May 9, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #857 of 1,871
pila...
they do hand check the es3x before shipping out to customers. but their technician's hearing may differ from yours. so what could be nice to them may not be nice to u and vice versa. anyway i m happy that mine actually is NOT monitor problem. but just due to me accustomed to the W3's signature. morel ike phychological problem. Phewwww...!!
Good luck to your es3x pila! I am sure Westone will do good just like they did mine! =)

stolix...
oooo yeah...
mine was delayed for an entire weekend. I know how u feel!
wink.gif

the longest weekend ever for me!

May 9, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #858 of 1,871
Thank you Xandman, but I just told them about outher problems like the shell that I would like it to be smooth, that they pay attention that there is no gap between the cable connector and the earpiece, that there are those yellow insulating sheets, and make sure they make long ear canals. But I didn't say anything about the sound signature.

May 9, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #859 of 1,871
those request sounds familiar!
hahahaha...
i told them the exact same thing...
to check out for ALL of the problems listed here...
:d
I even asked them to check channel balance and everything that can be foreseen to be a problem...
and in the end mine came out great!

May 9, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #860 of 1,871
I think many of the issues listed here by the unfortunate few that had them, were resolved very efficiently and properly once they were brought to the attention of Westone.

Hopefully, this will all become something that won't NEED to be brought up when ordering the ES3x. I'd certainly expect that from a company of such reputation, and it seems they've done their best to make it so.

May 9, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #862 of 1,871
yes, because there is no last page actualy, they have this bug in many threads...

May 10, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #863 of 1,871
My friend and I got ours yesterday - s/n 214 and 215.

The fit is great. The only thing I've found wrong is the small gap between the cable and the monitor that others have mentioned - but, while it looks pretty bad in a picture zoomed way in, in actuality it's small enough not to bother me at all. And while the original case is great, it's way too big to bring on the train every day. I bought a smaller Pelican hardcase from Fry's for $12 that I think will work.

My review so far: Yes, buy them. They really are amazing little contraptions...

#214, neon red/candy blue
214-01.jpg

214-02.jpg

#215, neon green
215-01.jpg

215-02.jpg

Cases
both-01.jpg

both-02.jpg

May 10, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #865 of 1,871
I would like to get a pair of these but no way do I not want the cable to sit flush. I called Westone and they said the problem will be resolved. Seems pretty simple to me. They look nice.

May 10, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #866 of 1,871
I just noticed they didn't print R and L on the multi-colored pair. It amuses me because I got them in different colors because I can't tell my right from my left anyways (at least not without thinking about it. If we're in a car together, I'll say "go THAT way")

May 10, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #867 of 1,871
I guess we all have things like that. I have often had to think about which is right and left, which can be frustrating. Why after so many years one would have to still think about it tells me I have a decoupling in my brain. :^) But then I also have poor facial recognition, which can be more than frustrating and embarrassing at times.

May 10, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #868 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by stolix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just noticed they didn't print R and L on the multi-colored pair. It amuses me because I got them in different colors because I can't tell my right from my left anyways (at least not without thinking about it. If we're in a car together, I'll say "go THAT way")

stolix...
now that u've mentioned it...
only i noticed it...
i guess westone assumes that we remember what colour we requested for each side.
Mine is quite easy...that's y din notice the missing "R" and "L"...

May 10, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #869 of 1,871
I am thinking about getting ES3X as well,
but I am afraid how the custom art would come out.

Following is the custom art that I want to put. What do you guys think?
Would it come out as nice as I expect it to be? Keeps me wondering.

custom.jpg
th_image.jpg

May 10, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #870 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking about getting ES3X as well,
but I am afraid how the custom art would come out.

Following is the custom art that I want to put. What do you guys think?
Would it come out as nice as I expect it to be? Keeps me wondering.

Probably best to contact Westone directly at music@westone.com, attaching the same photo, and ask them how it would come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back