smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #288 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanx so much
smily_headphones1.gif
))

ry this Jaben Community - Index

try to pm wilson, see if he can arrange something for u..

cheers!

[/QUOTE]

I got mine here.....Jaben Online Store

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #290 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm busy listening to mine to post about them!
tongue.gif

Listening to The Notwist 'The Devil You and Me' as I type this.

The sound is hauntingly good.

Absolutely no doubt that the iMod 5.5g > Alo Jena/Gold LOD > RSA P-51 > Westone ES3X rivals even the best full sized rigs I have heard or owned.

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #291 of 1,871
here's my little take on the comparison between the ES3x and the UE11..

IMO, yes, the UE11 has a generally high amount of bass, but it's really pleasant once you get used to it.. since the bass drum kicks are a lot more audible, and it really thumps your ears with just the right amount to not muddify the rest of the frequencies (hey, the UE11 highs are still nice and crystalline, just the way i like it). mids wise, the UE11's don't do too well, since it's got a slightly recessed midrange.

now, i managed to fit in a friend's ES3x into my ears, so it'll be a slightly unfair comparison, but here's what i think

the low end is really nice and tight, with the usual westone mids i somehow enjoy too, but here's the good part..
the highs of the ES3x is something you seriously wouldn't expect from, of all brands, WESTONE. it sparkles really nicely. cymbals decay with such realism.

in overall, i'd still prefer my UE11 over the ES3X though, since i find the UE11's more to my liking for my genre preference (somewhat hard rock, metal, rock, punk and such). as for stuff like acoustic and vocals, i'd take the ES3x anytime!

ultimately, i find it's really depending on what you listen to that makes your decision of getting either the UE11 or ES3x.

cheers
beerchug.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #292 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to The Notwist 'The Devil You and Me' as I type this.

The sound is hauntingly good.

Absolutely no doubt that the iMod 5.5g > Alo Jena/Gold LOD > RSA P-51 > Westone ES3X rivals even the best full sized rigs I have heard or owned.

I had a P-51 ship to me on Friday, so it should be here soon! Looking forward to it - will either feed it from iMod or from iBasso D10 DAC, although the D10 is pretty much similar to my Predator but with a better DAC like the Pico.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #293 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by fengtard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's my little take on the comparison between the ES3x and the UE11..

IMO, yes, the UE11 has a generally high amount of bass, but it's really pleasant once you get used to it.. since the bass drum kicks are a lot more audible, and it really thumps your ears with just the right amount to not muddify the rest of the frequencies (hey, the UE11 highs are still nice and crystalline, just the way i like it). mids wise, the UE11's don't do too well, since it's got a slightly recessed midrange.

now, i managed to fit in a friend's ES3x into my ears, so it'll be a slightly unfair comparison, but here's what i think

the low end is really nice and tight, with the usual westone mids i somehow enjoy too, but here's the good part..
the highs of the ES3x is something you seriously wouldn't expect from, of all brands, WESTONE. it sparkles really nicely. cymbals decay with such realism.

in overall, i'd still prefer my UE11 over the ES3X though, since i find the UE11's more to my liking for my genre preference (somewhat hard rock, metal, rock, punk and such). as for stuff like acoustic and vocals, i'd take the ES3x anytime!

ultimately, i find it's really depending on what you listen to that makes your decision of getting either the UE11 or ES3x.

cheers
beerchug.gif

I can't believe you got those suckers in your ears! I've seen Blutarsky's and P0wderH0und23 custom IEM and they would never get close to fitting mine.

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #294 of 1,871
Just got back from getting my impressions..

btw HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Hearing Associates. If you're in the Toledo Ohio area! No charge for impressions and the good Dr. knows her stuff!

I put a rush on the order, so hopefully it will get here sometime soon.. in order to take my mind off the HD800 wait!
frown.gif

Did anyone consider the neon red? I think I made a mistake on that one... shoulda went with one of the candy colors (purple,blue)... Does anyone know if it's semi-tranlucent??

EDIT: Doh, referenced wrong place.

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #295 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

btw HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend toledo audiology. If you're in the Toledo Ohio area! No charge for impressions and the good Dr. knows her stuff!

I put a rush on the order, so hopefully it will get here sometime soon.. in order to take my mind off the HD800 wait!
frown.gif

Did anyone consider the neon red? I think I made a mistake on that one... shoulda went with one of the candy colors (purple,blue)... Does anyone know if it's semi-tranlucent??

I requested a translucent dark blue that came out really cool looking. Very happy with it. My advice would be not to assume it is or is not translucent. If you know you want translucent then let them know so you can be sure to get what you want.

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #296 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a P-51 ship to me on Friday, so it should be here soon! Looking forward to it - will either feed it from iMod or from iBasso D10 DAC, although the D10 is pretty much similar to my Predator but with a better DAC like the Pico.

NICE. Congrats. Make sure and give the P-51 some burn in. Can't remember what the latest figure is but I am guessing 100+ hours.

The midrange on that amp combined with the ES3x is amazing.

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #297 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I requested a translucent dark blue that came out really cool looking. Very happy with it. My advice would be not to assume it is or is not translucent. If you know you want translucent then let them know so you can be sure to get what you want.

You're right! I called Dale and found out "candy red" is now available although it's not in their sample chart. I think I'll stick with the neon red, since he metioned that some of the electronics are still visible with that choice.

Mar 18, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #298 of 1,871
@ Morph:

You gotta be kidding me, I just had my impressions with Julie last week!

Small world!

At anyrate, expecting some candy blues and a D10 anytime now....cani't wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

btw HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend toledo audiology. If you're in the Toledo Ohio area! No charge for impressions and the good Dr. knows her stuff!

frown.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #299 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by berthoud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Morph:

You gotta be kidding me, I just had my impressions with Julie last week!

Small world!

At anyrate, expecting some candy blues and a D10 anytime now....cani't wait!

LOL! Extremely small world! Congrats on the purchase! BTW, I typed in the wrong URL. I initially looked into TA, since I work in the area.

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #300 of 1,871
I am considering getting a second pair of ES3X as my "beater-carry-around-everywhere" phones. That will be a sad day for my other IEM. Anyone else having such demented thoughts out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back