Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
May 14, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #902 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long does the fit suppose to last in average? I got my UE11 a year and a half ago and they still fit fine even though the left monitor feels more loose this days. If they stop fitting what can you do? do they offer a refit service?

Usually around 4 years, but if the fit isn't perfect to begin with it can be less. Mine weren't perfect in the left ear and it conked out after 3 years.

Refits will depend on the company; Westone I think allow 1 free refit initially but I'm guessing that after this long a while you'll have to pay for a refit. I'm not going to bother though and just upgrade to the ES3x.

May 14, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #904 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Refits will depend on the company; Westone I think allow 1 free refit initially but I'm guessing that after this long a while you'll have to pay for a refit. I'm not going to bother though and just upgrade to the ES3x.

I understand from my retailer that Westone offers 3mths initial period for refitting? Then after we will have to bear the cost..

May 14, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #905 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really need to block this thread while I wait; its making the wait soooo hard its not funny. seriously; mainly because I know that the time for FOTM has passed now really and if anything, the impressions are only gaining in hysteria
tongue.gif

God! I feel exacly the same way, I just can't wait anymore!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #906 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usually around 4 years, but if the fit isn't perfect to begin with it can be less. Mine weren't perfect in the left ear and it conked out after 3 years.

Within the first 90 days, it's a fit guarantee. So if it takes more than once, then we keep at it. After 90 days or longer if you needed a refit it's around $300 for a recast.

May 14, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #907 of 1,871
Powderhound:

Is there any sonic difference between the UM3X and the ES3X? Assuming I can get a good seal with a universal, which I can with UM2's and any of several tips, is there anything different/better about the ES3X?

Thanks

May 14, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #908 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Powderhound:

Is there any sonic difference between the UM3X and the ES3X? Assuming I can get a good seal with a universal, which I can with UM2's and any of several tips, is there anything different/better about the ES3X?

Thanks

Oh yeah. There is anytime you go from a universal to a custom. Main reason is the opening of the sound tube. On universals (we'll use the UM3X) you have multiple drivers using the same sound tube, which is also a little smaller in diameter to accommodate more ear sizes. When you go to ta custom, each driver or driver package has it's own sound tube inside the canal portion of the mold. These sound tubes are also larger in diameter, then at the end of the canal the sound tube is "flared out" so that the frequencies mix right before they get to the ear drum, allowing better clarity and dynamics.

So if you were to test both on a machine, they will look almost identical, but once you listen to them you can really tell the difference. Now everyone's ear is a different shape, so the actual canal portion can be different. On some folks with a smaller ear, it will be one large sound tube through the canal.

May 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #910 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interesting. Thank you. I have rather large ear canals- I'm guessing this is "good"?

well it means you will have plenty of room in the canal section for the sound tubes. :)

May 14, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #911 of 1,871
p0wder,

I bought my ES3X through Ear Plug Superstore, and they said they already got the molds and it's on their lab. when they said it's on "their" lab, did they mean yours [westone's] lab? Do they send the impressions to you and you make it? and how long does it take, cause I need it realy fast, and they said it takes approximately 10 days? Can you do it any faster? [the order is on the name: Rafael Venezian (Oren_Venezian@hotmail.com)]

thanks.

May 14, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #912 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p0wder,

I bought my ES3X through Ear Plug Superstore, and they said they already got the molds and it's on their lab. when they said it's on "their" lab, did they mean yours [westone's] lab? Do they send the impressions to you and you make it? and how long does it take, cause I need it realy fast, and they said it takes approximately 10 days? Can you do it any faster? [the order is on the name: Rafael Venezian (Oren_Venezian@hotmail.com)]

thanks.

Normal build time is 5-7 business days once WE have them. Then they are sent to the dealer (unless they specify drop ship). If you need them rushed, it can tack on charges. I just checked our system and they have not been entered yet. They may have just gotten here today or we do not have them yet. If you want to change anything, you will need to go through them to get the changed made (since they are your point of sale).

May 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #913 of 1,871
How fast will you do it in "rush-mode"? and how much does it cost?

May 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #915 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Within the first 90 days, it's a fit guarantee. So if it takes more than once, then we keep at it. After 90 days or longer if you needed a refit it's around $300 for a recast.

Nice! I stand corrected and that's a great policy. Also good to know about the rush delivery policy, I guess I can go ahead and get them now.

Come here, little wallet, I promise I won't hurt you...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back