Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Mar 30, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #391 of 1,871
Here they come!

DSCF0598.jpg

DSCF0599.jpg

will comment after afew days..right out from the box, they are the best i ever heard so far..liquid, organic, natural, and slight warmth.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #396 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so tempted to get them. Based on the descriptions I think I would like them even better than the UE11. But I have to be strong...it would be so irresponsible to buy them since Im currently unemployed and I'd be emptying my savings account

One of the big curses in life....times when you have the most time to listen are often the times you find yourself short on cash.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #397 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the big curses in life....times when you have the most time to listen are often the times you find yourself short on cash.

The nature of capitalism, we strive to have most resources to afford goods for consumption, but we do so at the cost of time normally allocated to consumption.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #399 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To hell with that! Between dealing with a full-time job, wife, children, mother-in-law, etc... I'm going to find time!!! Isn't that what this hobby is about!?!?!?
beerchug.gif

yeah enjoy them! First thing I'll do as soon as I find a job is booking an appointment with the audiologist.

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #400 of 1,871
Quote:

yeah enjoy them! First thing I'll do as soon as I find a job is booking an appointment with the audiologist.

Good luck! Hey, I just noticed in your sig. you have the ue11s.. could be worse!!
smile.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #401 of 1,871
Quote:

I'm so tempted to get them. Based on the descriptions I think I would like them even better than the UE11. But I have to be strong...it would be so irresponsible to buy them since Im currently unemployed and I'd be emptying my savings account

LOL I noticed you have the UE11s too. I used to think you get one good custom and you're done.

Now I realize, the norm is for people to sport a variety of customs (read: expensive), and some universals for a bit of flavoring.

headphonaddict is such a bad influence
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #402 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa! what color are those??? I'm starting to get a little nervous about the neon red!
frown.gif

Don't worry, his look more like "bowling ball red"...

I need to add that I tried my Freq Show last night - not as good as ES3X, and the seal breaks too easily with drinking or moving my face muscles. Tried my Livewires and the are not as good either, and they are much less comfortable than the ES3X due to the heat sensitive tips of the ES3X. I am ruined and can't enjoy my other customs anymore.

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #403 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL I noticed you have the UE11s too. I used to think you get one good custom and you're done.

Now I realize, the norm is for people to sport a variety of customs (read: expensive), and some universals for a bit of flavoring.

headphonaddict is such a bad influence
tongue_smile.gif

Hahaha so true...I guess one cannot rest in peace knowing there is a better phone out there. Is like an addiction.... one that is quite expensive.

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #404 of 1,871
Either way, these are probably going to be my next purchase. I bailed on the HD800 and PS-1000, but I want these (wanted the UE11s originally). My only worry is that there is an underlying theme of the highs not being strong enough.

I know many have said that's not he case, but so did the HD650 fans that wouldn't admit that it is DARK DARK DARK sounding out of any amp balanced or not, so I'm sure some here have heard the HD650 / Shure E530 - is it really balanced on top? I can't stand dark, sorry.

Also, the fact that a good match was Ray Sams amps which usually brings out the highs in IEMs and phones that lack them. Are the UE11 highs stronger... or not. I've read the thread but wanted to confirm all this.

I don't think that the Phonaks with gray are bright at all. I use an IMOD and a Xin Supermini III which was built to tame the Ety highs, so that might be why.

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #405 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Either way, these are probably going to be my next purchase. I bailed on the HD800 and PS-1000, but I want these (wanted the UE11s originally). My only worry is that there is an underlying theme of the highs not being strong enough.

I know many have said that's not he case, but so did the HD650 fans that wouldn't admit that it is DARK DARK DARK sounding out of any amp balanced or not, so I'm sure some here have heard the HD650 / Shure E530 - is it really balanced on top? I can't stand dark, sorry.

Also, the fact that a good match was Ray Sams amps which usually brings out the highs in IEMs and phones that lack them. Are the UE11 highs stronger... or not. I've read the thread but wanted to confirm all this.

I don't think that the Phonaks with gray are bright at all. I use an IMOD and a Xin Supermini III which was built to tame the Ety highs, so that might be why.

I can tell you the UE11 highs are to die for. Very detailed without being over analytical. I never ceased to be amazed by their sparkle highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back