Westone ES2 (the underappreciated custom)
Dec 7, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #152 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuppa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Must resist....

Oh what the heck, I've just booked myself in to get some impressions done.
biggrin.gif

ES2 cost £585 or so in the UK
blink.gif

Any UK head-fiers got experience of getting impressions done in the UK and then sent them over and got someone to order for them in the US?

Where are you ordering from? There's a EU dealer for Westone called Variphone. They handle all of the custom IEM orders and also manufacture them. I got a quote of around 750EUR, which is around 500 pounds.

See here for more info http://www.inears.com/

Of course, ordering direct from the US is the cheapest. I'm going to do the same for UE10Pro. The UK dealer has ridiculous prices. See if you can find a nice Head-Fi'er to help you out.

Dec 9, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #153 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are you ordering from? There's a EU dealer for Westone called Variphone. They handle all of the custom IEM orders and also manufacture them. I got a quote of around 750EUR, which is around 500 pounds.

See here for more info http://www.inears.com/

Of course, ordering direct from the US is the cheapest. I'm going to do the same for UE10Pro. The UK dealer has ridiculous prices. See if you can find a nice Head-Fi'er to help you out.

Hello there Milkpowder!

Do you know if Ultimate Ears sell to the UK because their UK distributer is charging £790 for the UE-1Os
blink.gif
? I remeber Big D's review of them and he stated that he ordered them direct from the US and UE were very helpful, however Im not sure if they still uphold this policy.

Or are you getting a helping hand from a fellow head-fier?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #154 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello there Milkpowder!

Do you know if Ultimate Ears sell to the UK because their UK distributer is charging £790 for the UE-1Os
blink.gif
? I remeber Big D's review of them and he stated that he ordered them direct from the US and UE were very helpful, however Im not sure if they still uphold this policy.

Yes you can order direct, but you'll most definitely have to pay an extortionate amount of duty and vat. I think it will cost around 950USD shipped to the UK. Import duty + VAT is almost 30% = 1235USD, still cheaper than buying from the UK dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or are you getting a helping hand from a fellow head-fier?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah of course
tongue.gif
Order from UE and ask for them to send to your mate in the US. UE couldn't care less and I've asked them about it already. Ask your mate to ship using USPS Global Express (EMS). EMS rarely loses items, so I'm not worried about having undervalued. I've never lost anything and delivery is very prompt (3rd-4th business day) plus it's fully tracked and delivered by Parcelforce 24. As you can see, it's a very small risk. Please do not buy from the UK distributor!!

I've got everything planned, it's just the money that's the obstacle atm... I'm over half way there
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #155 of 200
well, let the insanity begin. first off i read this whole thread from top to bottom, and it only fuels my passion in getting these. i've backed out on the Tomahawk to begin saving.

I found an audiologist in Vancouver who can do the entire ordering process for the ES2s, including the impressions (duh), shipping, the whole nine. the total price tag should reach about $800-$850. i'm about 40% there, so i can imagine getting it all saved by late january at the earliest. here's hoping! cheers!

for inquring minds, paired w/ a clear cable, this is the frontrunner for the colour:
picture1bd6.png

biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #156 of 200
I heard if you order pink Westone will throw in a free copy of Flashdance
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #157 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard if you order pink Westone will throw in a free copy of Flashdance
biggrin.gif

A great option on pink!

Just informed today that my es2 are at the postoffice awaiting my signature. I can not wait the excitment is brewing for sure! Thanks for all of your honest apprasials of sound signature. Having owned and loved the UM1 and UM2 it is gong to be a great weekend.

DId you notice any burnin on the drivers or crossovers? My Hornet has over 800+hours so it is clean burning!
icon10.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #159 of 200
well, it's all going down @ the audiologist on monday. i just hope all my paypal funds clear and make its way to my bank acct by then...

do the clear cables turn green like UE customs do? if so, i might change my mind to black cable...

Jan 12, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #160 of 200
Wow, there's some serious custom IEM fever going on here! I swear I've read about five new custom IEM (ES2 x2, UE10Pro x2, T2) users either ordering or receiving theirs' in the last few days not including myself (T2)! Is the economy really that good?
biggrin.gif
We ought to create a custom IEM register some day as I'm very interested in knowing how many of which types of custom IEMs Head-Fi'ers have.

Jan 12, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #161 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, it's all going down @ the audiologist on monday. i just hope all my paypal funds clear and make its way to my bank acct by then...

do the clear cables turn green like UE customs do? if so, i might change my mind to black cable...

Had my ES2's with the clear cable since early September and not a hint of greening.

Jan 13, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #162 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember to report back!

I assume you ordered from Variphone and not Westone USA?

Westone,
I asked in an email which audiologist had the best fit record in my area.

Got them back today! WOW is all I can say. One of my better decisions in audio over the past 20 years!

Thanks for all the great posts that got my interest in this company.

Jan 13, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #163 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had my ES2's with the clear cable since early September and not a hint of greening.

great to hear. also my paypal funds did clear so everything is good to go! i can't wait till monday!!XD

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #164 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone,
I asked in an email which audiologist had the best fit record in my area.

Got them back today! WOW is all I can say. One of my better decisions in audio over the past 20 years!

Thanks for all the great posts that got my interest in this company.

Congratulations! Now where are the pictures?
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #165 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine turned green pretty quickly, two months I'd say. But, the good news is, the cable is detacheable, and cheap. Just get the black cable if greening is an issue, though I suspect that the only difference with the black cable is that the outer insulating material is opaque, and you can't see the wire turning green inside
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back