Westone es cable available in the UK?
Jan 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DougHiggs

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I did a quick search but couldn't find a definitive answer from any existing threads. I'm looking to buy a Westone es cable for my UE superfi 5 pros, but have struggled to find any in the UK, or even US sites that ship to the UK for a reasonable price. I have looked at Jaben's es8 cables but they don't look like the official Westone cable to me, I did send them an email asking about it but they haven't replied yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 10
Have a look at the HandHeldAudio website 
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
Have a look at the HandHeldAudio website 
wink.gif

Ah thankyou, I've searched so long for this cable in the UK, slightly pricey but it'll sure beat the terrible stock ones. 

Quote:
Jaben cables are not the official westone cable, but they will fit your SF5 pro. You also have to trim the westone cable if you want to use it with the UE pro series.

Yeah Don't worry I know about the trimming, there are numerous threads already on this forum about how to carry out the modding on the pins. But thanks anyway for the reply.

After 2 months without my sf5p's because of the cable snapping (yeah, it properly snapped....) I can't wait to get them in my ears again, just ordered some comply tx-500 foam tips to go with them aswell.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again.

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #5 of 10
Before you lay your money down on the Westone cable. Check out eBay. You could get a hand made better quality cheaper than the stock Westone cable.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=ultimate+ears+cable&_sacat=0&_dmpt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&_odkw=triple+fi+cable&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 10
Hey everyone, just a quick note to say I waited till Hand-held audio had the cable back in stock and it arrived yesterday. A MASSIVE improvement over the stock UE ones in my opinion. Not only is the build quality better ( There's no memory wire that is prone to snapping from overuse) It's more comfortable and there is also noticable difference in the sound. I'm finding the bass to be that little bit more tight and a better clarity in the mids and highs. The modding for the earphones is very simple also, I just used a set of side clippers to take off around 3mm from the pins.

Definitely recommend this to any owning a pair of Super fi 5 pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back