Westone Custom IEMs. Bass comparison?
Oct 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

thinkpol

100+ Head-Fier
There is an audiologist just a few blocks away that carries westone products and includes the price of the ear mold in the total cost. They can get the whole Westone line.

I had originally planned on getting some Westone 3s after hearing so much about the amount of bass they have. I'm leaning more towards customs now since I found a retailer so close (and they were very helpful). Also, I have a weird shaped ear canal.
Does Westone do custom fitted 3s? (not just the custom tip)
How does the comfort of the custom tips compare to the actual customs?

Which of Westone's custom line has the best and most powerful/impactful/deep/accurate bass?
I listen to dubstep, drum and bass, trip hop and alternative hip hop so bass is a must for me.

Thanks in advance :)

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 3
Go ahead with the ES5
smily_headphones1.gif
. The reviews say that they are up there with JH13, beating them in certain aspects. However, the bass is told to be on the neutral side

The ES3x might have a warmer signature compared to the ES5 (From what i have read) however, if you are looking for bass then i would suggest you look at the JH10 or JH 11.

ES5 looks like its a fairly neutral IEM so i dont think its suited for bass heads. However, the quality and detail would be amazing !  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back