Westone 4R: Westone 4 + Removable cable
Jan 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #121 of 150

Double post.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #122 of 150

Quote:

Yeah I think having to try and jam them in the small case is what caused the cable connection to become loose in the housing. Definitely wont be using it again.

Quote:
Does anyone else find the new case too be a bit too small?

No problems here -- I just wrap the cable to the appropriate size and they fit fine even with long P-Series and UM56 tips.   There is not a lot of extra space but if you take a minute to do it correctly there shouldn't be a problem.  I have even kept an extra set of tips in there.  Certainly no more difficult than the soft case with UM3X.

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #124 of 150
I bought the W2 from Earphone Solutions right before the W4R was announced. I asked about a return/exchange w/ extra for the W4R. They would have if the W4R was out but it hadn't been released yet.

My guess is if you bought it from a top notch authorized dealer and it is within their return policy, they would. If you bought it on the grey market, really doubt it.

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #126 of 150

Quote:
Guys any update on the Westone 4R?

There's some talk about them in the Westone 4 thread...  They are just the 4s with a removable cable.  2 people so far (myself included) had one with a wiggling cable contact point.  That said, I currently don't have mine with me :frowning2:

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #128 of 150

Quote:
Basically you wouldn't recommend it or time will tell?

I'd recommend it.  2 people with problems is very small to the large number that actually have it.  I still find the 4s to be a better value (assuming the same sound quaity).  4Rs are still good though.

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #129 of 150
Does anyone know how these would compare to something like the DT770 250 premium? I am thinking about making the switch to IEMs from cans. I am looking to get something that is an improvement to the beyers.
Can an IEM even be as good as a can type headphone? As of now my only experience with IEMS is cheap skull candy ones.

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #130 of 150
Just got my 4r today and am listening out of my HP-P1...very good

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #132 of 150

Quote:
i want to buy the Epic mic cable to use with my ip4s. is there anyone have experience with those. i saw on there website that there's eco effect when use with ip4/4s.

If you make calls, you'll get an echo effect.  To be more exact on what it is, please read this email that I got from Westone CS regarding the effect.  Ignore anything dealing with the iPod (my inquiry was about the iPod Touch):

Quote:
Thank you for your email. The echo effect being experienced is by the person on the other end of the phone call. It will not affect the sound quality if you are using the device for listening to music. If you are using the iPod to make calls to someone using an app we cannot say with certainty if you will experience the echo effect or not. The EPIC MICS cable has been tested only on smartphones and has not been tested on the iPod Touch or any other WI-FI phone devices. If you have any additional questions please let us know. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

So what happens is that the person on the other side of the call apparently will hear an echo and that may cause communication problems.  I think it may have to do with the way that the iPhone's antenna on the 4/4S is actually around the rim of the phone and there is some interference going on.  I can't confirm that though.

May 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #135 of 150
Listening to my 4r with IEM SD cables today makes me appreciate them more than ever...very musical, very detailed and natural sounding.  No bloated bass or soft mids, just great sound using my DX100 low gain no eq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back